This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DDR Questions

I figured this would be a good place to come with beginner questions about DDR. It's something I'm thinking of getting in to but where to begin? Platform is something of an open book so to that end, what game, what platform and what dance surface would people recommend?

I'm especially interested in recommendations that can be easily sourced in the UK.

Comments

• 4th Mix Plus arcade machine is best.

Otherwise, just try to get a Red Octane Ignition pad and use Stepmania for your PC.
  • If you get a soft pad, put a grommet on each corner and mount it to a piece of plywood cut to size.
  • Its also probably not the best idea to play a lot if you don't live on the bottom floor.
  • I'm reasonably confident about noise transfer as the building I'm in is brand new and extremely well sound insulated. I live next door to a newborn and am not bothered by crying. I have never heard a sound from a neighbour above or below me. That said, I'm not planning on playing at unsociable hours, just in case. :)
  • wryterra said:

I'm reasonably confident about noise transfer as the building I'm in is brand new and extremely well sound insulated. I live next door to a newborn and am not bothered by crying. I have never heard a sound from a neighbour above or below me. That said, I'm not planning on playing at unsociable hours, just in case. :)

In any case, if you are going to be playing on a soft pad and you haven't got carpet, put some soft foam under it, like a cheap floor mat. It'll dull the sound a bit and spare your feet.

If you get a soft pad, put a grommet on each corner and mount it to a piece of plywood cut to size.

Also this yeah.