This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 14 (2016)

edited August 2015 in Conventions
If it were a pax style website the "Soon" banner would be appearing. Anyone planning to go and get copous amount of music and board game action?
Post edited by Coldguy on

Comments

• As long as they keep giving us panels and badges, we'll keep coming.
  • Rym said:

As long as they keep giving us panels and badges, we'll keep coming.

As someone who has a vote in that decision I got your back ;)
  • I'd go to this con if everyone I know stopped going :-p
  • Cremlian said:

I'd go to this con if everyone I know stopped going :-p

I'd go to this con if everyone stopped going. If it was just an empty room with bands, it's still be worth it.
  • Me and the marauding band of assorted Rhode Islanders have been excited about this.
  • I shall go to this con and probably bring the girlfriend as well.
  • If I could afford I would return. But I likely won't have the cash.
  • I think my question becomes, should I buy my plane tickets now or wait two weeks?
  • I think my question becomes, should I buy my plane tickets now or wait two weeks?

Whichever one is cheaper
  • Coldguy said:

I think my question becomes, should I buy my plane tickets now or wait two weeks?

Whichever one is cheaper
    Today it is.
  • Jordan O. said:

Me and the marauding band of assorted Rhode Islanders have been excited about this.

Wait, you have a marauding band of rhode islanders? We have a marauding band of rhode islanders.
  • They are from the same club too. Pretty sure Phil knows some of them.
  • A little birdy just tolde to keep an eye on the website tomorrow for some reason. ;)
  • Coldguy said:

A little birdy just tolde to keep an eye on the website tomorrow for some reason. ;)

Can't do. On PAX plane.
  • Better late than never registration is open. Not in PAX rush but signs are pointing to a sell out year this year so book it.
  • If you want to have fun in the MAGSuite with myself and other FRC people check out this thread.
  • Gaylord Hotel Rooms already sold out. That was fast. Thankfully nearby hotels Marriott Residence Inn and Westin/Starwood Hotels also have MAGFest deals.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Gaylord Hotel Rooms already sold out. That was fast. Thankfully nearby hotels Marriott Residence Inn and Westin/Starwood Hotels also have MAGFest deals.

Were you still running your own room? We've got room for three so far.
  • Raithnor said:

Nukerjsr said:

Gaylord Hotel Rooms already sold out. That was fast. Thankfully nearby hotels Marriott Residence Inn and Westin/Starwood Hotels also have MAGFest deals.

Yeah, I reserved a room immediately. Love you guys, but I've converted a lot of my local and college friends to MAGFest, so they'll be staying with me.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Raithnor said:

Nukerjsr said:

Yeah, I reserved a room immediately. Love you guys, but I've converted a lot of my local and college friends to MAGFest, so they'll be staying with me.
    As long as we can game its all good in the hood.
  • Hotel and badges get!
    I'm excited for my first MAGFest
  • So, hotels have sold out at the Gaylord and two of the overflow hotels. A little bird told me that there are very few rooms in the Westin available, but keep watching the Magfest hotel page for updates.
  • Time to see if I can sneak the Rap panel in again then.
  • Hmmm, since AAAI is Feb. 12-17, perhaps I should add Magfest into my plans as well.
  • OK, I've decided that I'm going to MAGFest as long as my AAAI paper gets accepted. I should have feedback on the paper within the next week or so, although the official date for notification of acceptance / rejection is the 12th of November.

Is there any significant risk of tickets selling out before either of those two dates? They've been available for a while now, but you never know...
  • @lackofcheese this year that should be fine, next year however signs are pointing to no.
  • James Portnow and Daniel Floyd of Extra Credits are coming back and I couldn't be more excited. Those guys were incredibly awesome and after their Q&A Panel, they sat around and discussed game design/the business with fans until 6 AM. (About 10 hours total, with Chris Hazard joining in to talk from time to time)