This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX West 2016

Comments

• I got a good spot in the hotel queue.

https://t.co/wkY870AUHE
  • Badges confirmed.

I'll figure out rooming later. Anyone want a roommate?
  • edited June 2016
    Got two tix for me. Got Olive 8 room for two people one bed. Me and Rym are on lock even if they reject us. The rest of you, are on your own.

If our panels are accepted then, who wants two tix?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Got my tickets for Jeremy and 2 other friends. In queue for other friends as well. 187 ahead of me for Hotels. AHHHHH
  • Lots of hotels still if you don't stay Monday.

Few options if you are staying Monday like we are.
  • edited June 2016
    Seems like it takes about 15 minutes for it to sell out. That's plenty of time. If you care, and have a notification set, you should be able to get to an Internet connected device and click within 5 or even 10 minutes. Those PAX checker apps and such are not necessary. All I did was see the Twitter notification on my Pebble Watch.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Already have badges from Dev.

Need hotel. Probably going to get something crummy for Tuesday/Wednesday and transfer to Ro's hotel for Thursday, given my slow clicking ;P
  • Check out the Roosevelt. Close, cheap. Just have to say one bed.
  • I was across the building from my computer and it took me a minute or two to find the right link for the queue. I'm not sure I'm getting tickets.
  • Yeah got in line 3 minutes after launch and I'm still in line. I only care about Monday, which is still green, so I'm probably fine. But I'm getting tired of waiting in line...
  • I was at my PC and clicked the queue link within 1 minute of the twitter alert hitting my watch, and it _still_ felt like I just barely got in. Got the "low ticket levels" message long before I hit the checkout page. Phew!
  • Work laptop crashed on me while waiting in queue. There's always next year.
  • edited June 2016

I was at my PC and clicked the queue link within 1 minute of the twitter alert hitting my watch, and it _still_ felt like I just barely got in. Got the "low ticket levels" message long before I hit the checkout page. Phew!

This was my experience as well; worse, I was in a shutdown process when the tweet text came in. That got aborted right away, thanks (well-deserved) to a prolonged program quit.
    Post edited by Frank on
  • edited June 2016
    Nevermind, bought three sets of badges.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Everything is fine. Back to normal. Ahhh.
  • Thanks for saving my bacon on hotels, Ro.

I reserved Monday-Tuesday at the very end in the same hotel, so Anthony and I can stay the extra night.
  • One day those fuckers will put tix on sale at like 2am pacific, 5am eastern.
  • Goddamn, finally got in after an hour. They still had all days available when I was at checkout it looked like. Although I imagine there can't be that many left.
  • MATATAT said:

Goddamn, finally got in after an hour. They still had all days available when I was at checkout it looked like. Although I imagine there can't be that many left.

An hour and they still had all four days?
  • Well Sat is now sold out. So it was pretty close to when I got in.
  • edited June 2016
    Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Goddamn, finally got in after an hour. They still had all days available when I was at checkout it looked like. Although I imagine there can't be that many left.

An hour and they still had all four days?
    Waiting in the queue for an hour. They're probably still on the first 5-10 minutes of people getting into the queue.

Edit: refreshed paxsite and Saturdays are gone.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Blargh. I was also really hoping for Wednesday since I was on the road when they went up and didn't know about it until it was too late. So if people don't need them, I will gladly take 2 sets off your hands and shower you with gifts (of mostly cookies and other treats).
  • Tickets went on sale during one of my final exams. I got and it was already too late. Sonofabitch.
  • There is also a chance they put up some reclaimed tickets like they did last year, so I would keep an eye out. By that time hotels might be a bit tricky, but honestly you could probably find a hotel somewhere within easy walking distance. There's so many fucking hotels downtown within a 5 min walk of the convention center.
  • Seattle's so small and has so many hotels, it's almost always OK even late to the game. PAX East however...
  • Rym said:

Seattle's so small and has so many hotels, it's almost always OK even late to the game. PAX East however...

The big problem is that the Seaport district (which is seperate from the Waterfront district) is mostly "reclaimed" from after the Big Dig, so there's only been maybe a decade of attention on that area, as opposed to the Back Bay, which has had as long as it's existed.
  • Decided to spring for PAX Dev, and I opted for the weekend pass add-on. Hopefully that will work out as expected and it is treated as a separate pool from the main pool. If so, I'm more confident about getting just one set for Katie.
  • edited June 2016
    I'm so glad I actually got a badge. I really can't afford a hotel stay more than likely though (even with roommates probably), so I've booked a hostel bed instead. Will also be doing my usual marathon Greyhound trip that I tend to do for big American cons. The only way to attend PAX without being either rich or local (at least for me)! x_x But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen in 7-8 years! I haven't gotten to go to a PAX since 2008 and have been wanting to go back to Prime/West ever since. <3
    Post edited by Eryn on