This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2016

Comments

• Stopped before the curry episode. Whether youve seen the movie or not is irrelevant, Ill only be pulling from the show.
  • *sheepishly raises hand*
  • edited April 2016
    I've seen zero, but I'm sure no one cares what I'd think. But if you were hard up for a utena noon extrodanaire... I probably fit the bill. I've been basically assuming that it's an anime for a while now... So that's my level of familiarity.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Does only having seen it once count? That's not really enough for Utena...
  • edited April 2016
    So how the fuck do I submit an event? Is there a place on GrowTix or do I still submit panels on the old site?

Edit: Also, am I off base thinking video gaming is a part of ConnectiCon? That's not a choice for the type of panel.

Edit^2: Eh, "panel" works.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I have zero comment on the new site/system. =(
  • A word to you @rym some of my submissions have have been borked when you look at them. I sent in a total of 5 and a few of them gave me a site error, if this is the case let me know and I can resubmit them.
  • The back-end is a disaster. I'm not gonna lie.

I'm deciding what to do about that...
  • Rym said:

The back-end is a disaster. I'm not gonna lie.

Google Doc with the actual information and email all previous panelists to use that instead?
  • How much con is the con going to be open Thursday?
  • Not much con.

I wouldn't get in town early unless you plan to hang out and such. There won't be con going on except the late Thursday stuff that we usually ignore.
  • I'm still on a weird schedule. Friday-Monday 3PM-1AM.

I'll probably be there for precon set up.
  • Am I stupid, or is the panel application hard to find?
  • The panel application is hard to find.
  • "Event Leader #3, Event Leader #2"...
  • Rym said:

Does it make sense for us to be submitting panels now, or should we wait until the disaster is mitigated somewhat? (I realize that assumes mitigation is possible . . .)
  • jtvh said:

Rym said:

Does it make sense for us to be submitting panels now, or should we wait until the disaster is mitigated somewhat? (I realize that assumes mitigation is possible . . .)
    As of right now, given the tight deadline, I'm operating under the assumption that sooner is better in all cases of panel submission.
  • Neito said:

jtvh said:

Rym said:

As of right now, given the tight deadline, I'm operating under the assumption that sooner is better in all cases of panel submission.
    What's the deadline? I can't find it anywhere.
  • There's no deadline. The deadline is when the schedule is full...
  • Rym said:

There's no deadline. The deadline is when the schedule is full...

Okay then. I'll get mine in within the next couple days.
  • Still three hours to get a panelist pass?
  • I accidentally hit enter before indicating that I need audio and projector for one of my panels. But I assume those are going to be standard in panel rooms anyway.
  • A gentle reminder to check your emails if you are on the panels department and do the thing. I did it but getting errors so not sure if the thing I did is good or not.
  • Ask in the CTcon FB group. Ray (older security staffer) has been checking to make sure the thing is working.
  • The new back-end is generally horrible, but things do seem to get submitted correctly. It just shows errors and gives non-administrative users zero feedback.
  • Any ballpark estimate of when we'll hear back with acceptance/rejections?
  • Panels schedule is online, yay!

In other news: What's up with the "Purchase tickets to register" links next to every panel?
  • jtvh said:

Panels schedule is online, yay!

In other news: What's up with the "Purchase tickets to register" links next to every panel?

I have no comment about that site. People can express interest in different events or something. Panels won't use it, and nothing except specific workshops costs any extra money: same as always.
  • Rym said:

jtvh said:

Panels schedule is online, yay!

I have no comment about that site. People can express interest in different events or something. Panels won't use it, and nothing except specific workshops costs any extra money: same as always.
    Okay, got it. Thanks.

• It's almost here. I'll be working, and you better believe I'm bringing the games.

Games I'm bringing to ConnectiCon 2016