This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The National Christmas Tree and a Jewish President

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Starfox said:

They took down the 10 commandments. Now Satan's in Detroit.

Satan'sprettycool

That guy with the hat has got the preacher voice down pat. I lost it at "Notice me Sempai! Notice me!".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • While I laughed at "Notice me Senpai!" I was really hoping they'd have a more vocal member of the temple to explain why they're putting the statue up, and that it was about all the positive things they stand for. The way the Satanic Temple was portrayed was, well, they kinda look like buffoons.
  • ^_~ I think he was cut in after the fact:
  • That thing he does with his mouth when he sharply inhales and goes "idunno" is.. off putting. He's... got some things to work out.
  • As the resident Christian I'd just like to say I fully support the use of pine trees in public places to celebrate the winter solstice. Any link from this pagan tradition and Christianity is foolish and needs to be eradicated from the public conscious. Secular celebrations of an event called "Christmas" are equally foolish. Christmas ought to be celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and all this Santa Claus nonsense ought to be called something else altogether. Yule maybe. Sadly the battle to keep the Christ in Christmas was lost well before I was born so I don't really know what to do about it at this point.
  • Wait I thought Jesus Christ was Santa's non superhero name.
  • This is why the "JFK" comment was so confusing. The "argument" that Catholics aren't Christian is not merely uncommon: it's outlandish. Practically no one thinks or argues that. It's basically never said. It's not even on the realm of expected discourse.

So I can't understand how JFK was in any way relevant to the conversation.
  • It's not even an argument. It's a factually incorrect statement.

Words mean things.
  • Yeah even the Protestants of the 17th century who fought wars against the Catholics would admit that they're Christian. This is why the word heretic exists -- a way to denounce a religion that falls under the same umbrella as yours. The anti-Catholic sentiments of the 19th Century was because they were afraid America would be annexed by the Pope, not that they didn't take the Bible seriously or anything.
  • Regardless of what one thinks about the Bible and what it says people should do, Catholics believe in and worship Christ. Who is, you know, the base word for Christian.
  • That thing he does with his mouth when he sharply inhales and goes "idunno" is.. off putting. He's... got some things to work out.

I'm pretty sure he's playing a character. Poe's law IRL!
  • Starfox said:

That thing he does with his mouth when he sharply inhales and goes "idunno" is.. off putting. He's... got some things to work out.

I'm pretty sure he's playing a character. Poe's law IRL!
    Seriously. People like him are the reason I didn't go to my Uni's anime club.
  • He is doing a schtick. He's trolling the camera, and it's his 'thing' to be that character.
  • If "The Jews" really controlled the world, you'd think Bernie Sanders would be doing better.
  • If "The Jews" really controlled the world, you'd think Bernie Sanders would be doing better.

That's my argument when people tell me Freemasons run the world.
  • Only Jewish Freemasons run the world. It's in the middle of the Venn Diagra..

wait a minute.

The VENNS RUN THE WORLD
  • Maybe I should convert... do you know a good Rabbi?
  • AaronC said:

Maybe I should convert... do you know a good Rabbi?

I know a few.
  • edited March 2016
    AaronC said:

If "The Jews" really controlled the world, you'd think Bernie Sanders would be doing better.

That's my argument when people tell me Freemasons run the world.
    Fun fact: A large amount of opposition to Andrew Jackson was anti-masonic, as they feared he would turn America into a Catholic theocracy. This theory ignores that Jackson spent his entire life a devout Presbyterian, and his basic conflict with the Vatican's assertion that the Earth is round.

This was the case for several other not Catholic Presidents, but the only other one I can immediately remember is James Monroe.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • The other irony is the the Catholic Church bans members from being Freemasons, so a Freemason turning a county into a Catholic anything is absurd.

• Its funny how the Illuminati is supposed to be some occult world government group controlling and harming society when the actual Bavarian Illuminati were a group trying to limit religious influence and abuses of state power.
  • Its funny how the Illuminati is supposed to be some occult world government group controlling and harming society when the actual Bavarian Illuminati were a group trying to limit religious influence and abuses of state power.

There's a group claiming to be the illuminati now, except they seem mostly concerned with selling silly self-empowerment books, and (admittedly somewhat nice) jewelry of the famous logo.

Though, I did find out about them in a pretty class way - they had a both at QED in Manchester, and they were handing out pyramid-style teabags of quite decent tea, with the branding "Illumina-tea."
  • Churba said:

they were handing out pyramid-style teabags of quite decent tea, with the branding "Illumina-tea."

SIGN ME UP.
  • edited March 2016

Churba said:

they were handing out pyramid-style teabags of quite decent tea, with the branding "Illumina-tea."

SIGN ME UP.
    Behold the glory of the all steeping eye:

It was these guys. I still have no idea if they're taking the piss or not.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • My current "secret society" membership is basically a gay co-ed frat, so why not brew world order?
  • My current "secret society" membership is basically a gay co-ed frat

I'm pretty sure so are the ones a lot of politicians are in.