This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Preparation and Preppers

13»

Comments

• Dazzle369 said:

Severe drought

New York is in one of the best watersheds in the world. Moving north just means better and better water access. We're basically drought-proof.
  • Bunny is too lean to be effective survival food on its own. You'd have to have some source of fat to improve its energy density, and at that point you might as well just have a store of bacon or some other meat.

Yes, but it is delicious, and would help with morale.

• Yeah but a bunch of cute bunnies would probably help with morale without eating them.
  • I'm not so much in the "never thought about it crowd" but more in the "yeah, I should probably do something, but I've never been worried enough to do anything about it."

I suspect this will change once I get into a house where my utilities will be less reliable. But until then, I will continue to assume that the city will just continue to provide.
  • The problem is that they have two male bunnies. If they had a female and a male, like god intended, they would be a food factory transforming yucky hay into delicious meats. Instead, they'll be the last bunnies to ever live.
  • Nah, bunnies have been known to spontaneously change sex in order to breed in adverse conditions.
  • Nah, bunnies have been known to spontaneously change sex in order to breed in adverse conditions.

Really? I thought that was just like, frogs, reptiles, and sea creatures?
  • Apreche said:

Nah, bunnies have been known to spontaneously change sex in order to breed in adverse conditions.

Might be mistaking for furry
  • Nah, rabbits are just miss-sexed sometimes so it looks like they changed sex.
  • edited March 2016
    Apreche said:

Nah, bunnies have been known to spontaneously change sex in order to breed in adverse conditions.

Don't forget Dinosaurs. Didn't you see that documentary with the theme park?
    Post edited by Churba on