This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Can a Genji take on Mei by just wall climbing her ice wall and taking her out? I'm terrible at Genji just wondering if a competent player with him could.
  • I think that in theory and by pure numbers Genji can kill Mei in close combat before she freezes him, but Genji has to aim well, while Mei can just point in the general direction of the annoying ninja.
  • Genji will have to have his dash ready, otherwise, get really lucky with his double jumps to dance around her. He'll need to dash out if she manages to touch him, that move slow is no joke.
  • As Mei, I die mostly to long range, so Widow & Pharrah primarily, surprise Bastion & flashbang Mccree. If the widow/pharrah is mediocre/distracted, I can usually counter snipe them. Turrets are evil. Also Mei V Mei is terrifying. If there's a good mix of long and short range, I have a harder time being effective, although it's fine if the rest of the team holds up their end & doesn't trickle or wipe. That sounds gross...
  • edited June 2016
    Didn't know Genji could deflect Hanzo's Ulty.

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • If you're going to kill yourselves when ever you get a character you don't like, stop playing this weeks BRAWL!!!

I also think Mei runs a little faster on ice. Can somebody else test this?
  • Rym said:

Bastion goes down like a chump. He needs to be stronger.

I'm not sure if he needs to be stronger, and his accuracy is still a little high for my taste, but yeah, he goes down like a chump if you know how to deal with him. It's all about flanking, and aiming for the big blue glowy bit.
    MATATAT said:

It's funny how often people don't expect Mei to roll up on them when the wall is up. I would constantly fuck with snipers by wall blocking them, going around the wall, then freezing them. They just sort of wait for the wall to come down or try and move closer to the open side which plays to my advantage. I also just enjoy denying people that try to flank since most flanking points are narrow corridors.

What amazes me is how many snipers(and bastion players) just don't move. If you're killing more than two or three before you move to a different spot, you're an easy kill. Reposition or die.

• I'm getting to the point where there are certain parts of certain maps where I know there is a great Bastion spot, and I don't hesitate to switch to him and hit it. I agree that you've got to move your turret around a bit or the snipes/rockets will be headed your way after you kill the first wave of enemies. Heal yourself!

I haven't clicked the Genji video above, but I did read a tip blurb about him online, and the number of things you can deflect is impressive. Did it get into deflecting Solider 76's health spike, in which case it becomes *yours*?
  • Nope video didn't show Genji could deflect Soilders health cannister. I thought Soilder just sets the health buff down by dropping it. Does he toss it out? Guess I need to pay more attention to the animation on it.
  • He drops it. The reflect requires a unique situation in which Genji is directly in soldier's face and crouching.
  • edited June 2016
    ThatGent said:

Genji is directly in soldier's face and crouching.

oh my
  • edited June 2016
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I did not intend to main symmetra, but a 3/4 win rate helps swallow that pill.

• The actual play parody is good sans the windiness was pretty amusing.
  • I'm a bit late to the ID sharing party but I'm joemaster#1247.
  • pence#1428

I am doing alright with Winston and Mercy in scrub matches. But now I have some other ideas after playing around on the training map...
  • That training map is great.
  • Is there a way to try out different maps in training? The only thing I could figure, was to start a custom match with just me in it. But that times out after several minutes.
  • Is there a way to try out different maps in training? The only thing I could figure, was to start a custom match with just me in it. But that times out after several minutes.

The regular training map also times out, believe it or not. It felt like it kicked me out after 30-45 minutes.
  • pence said:

Is there a way to try out different maps in training? The only thing I could figure, was to start a custom match with just me in it. But that times out after several minutes.

The regular training map also times out, believe it or not. It felt like it kicked me out after 30-45 minutes.
    That's by design, I think. I was training on the Training map and it kicked me off around that time. I was active the entire time.
  • That's awesome. I want to try that. Even though I was aware of Zarya pulls into pits (especially the well) I've never actively thought about it during a match.
  • edited June 2016
    I love Zarya. Probably my most favorite tank to play.
  • My average use of Zarya's ult ends up with me and possibly rest of the team being shot by people in the black hole.
  • I feel like Zarya's ult could be insane if mixed with D.va's or 76's.
  • Or Hanzo's, or Reaper's or pretty much with almost anyone. Even alone that ult can be powerful, but with little coordination it's a team killer.
  • I did manage to drop a Zarya ult on top of a D.va ult once, but was apparently foiled by Reinhardt's shield. I was mad salty that game.
  • Yeah, Zarya is specifically designed to combine her ult with others. Makes it harder to play her effectively in pub games.