This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Matt said:

Yeah, Zarya is specifically designed to combine her ult with others. Makes it harder to play her effectively in pub games.

Also, in case people didn't realize, when you hold down the tab key, you can see a check mark next to players who have their ult charged and ready.

• It would be hilarious to see a reaper, d.va, and phara simultaneously ult on a team zarya pull.
  • edited June 2016
    I can't remember if I was grouped with forum people or if it was a solo match I had but I did throw the Zarya pull and then someone popped off Pharah's ult and we scrapped their whole team.

Maybe it's just me also but I feel like a lot of the heroes listed as "hard" are usually not that hard to play. Zarya is one of the only characters I've played who actually is pretty hard to play. She's got a lot of shit going on, and shes sort of in this weird middle area between disruption tank and block tank. Personally I find Genji also pretty hard to play as well but the more I play him the more I feel like he's not too bad. Hanzo can be a bit tricky, but I don't find him much more difficult than two star characters. Mei and Zenyatta are pretty simple. Zen just dies really fast so you need to be pretty defensive with him. Mei as three stars I don't really understand at all.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Matt said:

Yeah, Zarya is specifically designed to combine her ult with others. Makes it harder to play her effectively in pub games.

Magic can happen. I pulled most of the other team with a Zarya ult and McCree followed up with his.
    Blackhole could pairs will Mei and Junkrat too. Zarya plays best as a tanky Support. She's
  • Welp. I bought it. Probably start playing tomorrow? Probably. Maybe late tonight.

Battle.net account is AxeloftheKey.
  • Is there a way to try out different maps in training? The only thing I could figure, was to start a custom match with just me in it. But that times out after several minutes.

Only in custom games, not the explicit training map.

• Re-posting everybody that posted their battlenet tag for the latecomers.

Churba#11364
    VentureJ#1389
    ThatGent#1420
    JoshBytes#1365
    chaosof99#2949
    VictorFrost#11151
    Rosaka#11999
    Raithnor#1122
    Neito#1592
    alaric#1701
    Knoxinator#1324
    SuperPichu#11689
  • edited June 2016
    My digits are 1872, so AxeloftheKey#1872. I sent out friend requests to everyone.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Missed me ikatono#1579
  • I'm really starting to get the hang of how D.Va wants to be played, and it's a ton of fun.
  • I guess I didn't post mine. MATATAT#1899
  • I gave in...Cremlian#1501
  • I do still play every day. This is WF2 all over again, and I can't stress that enough.

• I'm enjoying things so far. I like Reinhardt, Mei, and Symmetra, and I would try Bastion more if someone wasn't always already him when I join a team.
  • Who gave the rocket launcher character a jetpack.... lol...
  • jrdbnta#1110

I'm pretty awful though. Play with me at your own risk.
  • The trick to Reinhardt is to never stop swatting
  • edited June 2016
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Man. That guy was like, League of Legends level toxic.
  • Neito said:

Man. That guy was like, League of Legends level toxic.

Huh?
  • I reported him.
  • I did too
  • James snuck up on me while I was doing laundry and shouted "RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU" while holding his arms up like he was shooting a bow at me. I panicked and nearly spilled laundry detergent everywhere.
  • @Churba are you playing on the US servers? The ping must be around 200 - 250 ms or so.
  • The dichotomy in D.va fanart continues to amuse:
  • edited June 2016
    sK0pe said:

@Churba are you playing on the US servers? The ping must be around 200 - 250 ms or so.

Sort of. When I'm playing with US people, depending on the size of the group, it's mostly on US servers, judging by my ping. But when I'm playing alone, it's almost always Australian servers. If it's with a small group, sometimes it will hand the server back and forth - I've played games where it would go to a US server, then an Aus server, and then back to a US server.

While it does make it a touch more difficult, it's still quite playable with 200-ish ping. I'll occasionally notice getting hooked or shot through a corner or the like, but rarely anything severe. But then again, I've been playing various FPS with mostly people in the US for years, so it might just be that I'm used to it, your mileage may vary.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I assume that Overwatch's collection of heroes whom with aiming is optional makes it easier to play with non optimal ping.
  • Missed me too.
    Relentless#1660