This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• I think I have almost everyone here, but I wasn't on that recap list and can't remember if I ever even posted (maybe I did in Hearthstone thread):
    Gundabad#1463
  • Apsup said:

I assume that Overwatch's collection of heroes whom with aiming is optional makes it easier to play with non optimal ping.

Possibly, but to be honest, I don't play them often. Probably the one with a more offensive role that I've played the most of is Winston, and even then, he's not high on my list of most-played heros.
  • Playing in a pub game, other team is 6 D.Vas.

We didn't stand a chance.

I suppose stacking 6 Reapers would probably do it, though.
  • I deeply enjoy the ultra-stacked team. It always goes either super well, or is a ridiculous disaster.

But winning with 6 Bastions? Holy shit was that one of the greatest moments of my life.
  • Rym said:

I deeply enjoy the ultra-stacked team. It always goes either super well, or is a ridiculous disaster.

But winning with 6 Bastions? Holy shit was that one of the greatest moments of my life.

Their first attempt was 6 Roadhogs, but we took the point and destroyed all of them with no casualties. Then they all came back as D.Va and it was the beginning of the end.
  • You know who else does this? McCree's VA.
  • Missed me, too: Linkigi#1464.

Found this video from October:
  • Anybody down to get a game going tonight around 8 EST?
  • edited June 2016

Anybody down to get a game going tonight around 8 EDT?

You probably mean EDT.

I'll come on when I get home from work, which will likely be around 10.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Anybody down to get a game going tonight around 8 EDT?

You probably mean EDT.

I'll come on when I get home from work, which will likely be around 10.
    Yeah my bad. That works. I'll still be up
  • Yeah, prolly.
  • edited June 2016
    Just got on. Overwatch is refusing to start. Updating video drivers and restarting now.

EDIT: It's working now.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • NeoCloud#1345 is my battle net ID
  • I have also played the console version - there are some things that are damn near impossible on a controller. Good luck finessing around corners with Lucio's wallride when your "mouse" and the jump button are both operated by your right thumb.
  • I wonder if that would become easier if you dropped the ludicrous $150 on the "pro" xbox controller that has underside paddles and such like the Steam controller.
  • Matt said:

I wonder if that would become easier if you dropped the ludicrous $150 on the "pro" xbox controller that has underside paddles and such like the Steam controller.

I can't say for overwatch specifically, but it does in other games. Extra movement stuff like jumping, always good to bind it to your paddles rather than your face buttons.

• I lost it at 2:10.
  • edited June 2016
    Supposedly balance changes to McCree and Widowmaker are coming this week.

Nevermind, they're live as off an hour ago (translation stolen from reddit):

* McCree - Alternate fire - Damage decrease from 70 to 45; Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds (Probably reverse patch form this)
    * Widowmaker - Alternate fire (Snipe) - Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change); Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5; Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
    * Widowmaker - Infra-Sight (Ult) - Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

* Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
    * Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
    * Bugfix to stop Reaper from teleporting to places outside the map
    * Fixed bugs on Dorado where collisions didn't block line of sight (known bug where on the arch you have to pass through shortly before the second checkpoint you could mount a Symmetra turret under the arch and it would hit people above the arch)

Widowmaker's full charged Headshot remains the same damage, but body shots are nerfed from 150 to 120.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Vic, Linkigi, sorry I vanished, but I was having weird framerate issues that turned into weird connectivity issues.
  • edited June 2016

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • These all rock.
  • They are rocks, yes.

D.va is playing a game with Reaper in it, right?
  • edited June 2016
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The only thing worse than dying as Mercy is the five other Mercys that won't let you stay dead.
  • edited June 2016
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on