This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Comments

• A second Arcanine. Bring on the tough questions.
  • ThatGent said:

A second Arcanine. Bring on the tough questions.

Daddy two Arcanine
  • ThatGent said:

Alright, you asked. What is the only way to get an ideal catching pokemon in the franchise? An ideal pokemon for catching has both false swipe and a move that induces sleep. (remember gens 1 and 2 are the only real gens)
  • Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

Alright, you asked. What is the only way to get an ideal catching pokemon in the franchise? An ideal pokemon for catching has both false swipe and a move that induces sleep. (remember gens 1 and 2 are the only real gens)
    Just use Butterfree, the best free.
  • Apreche said:

Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

Best free or not (definitely is) no false swipe = not an ideal catching poke.
  • Naoza said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

Gets the job done. Pokemon is a children's game. I can catch 'em all without false swipe.
  • Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

Gets the job done. Pokemon is a children's game. I can catch 'em all without false swipe.
    I usually use haunter, as it's one of my favourites getting my actual favourite Gengar requires a link cable and another gameboy and game, all of which I have but nobody has time for any of that.
  • Naoza said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

I usually use haunter, as it's one of my favourites getting my actual favourite Gengar requires a link cable and another gameboy and game, all of which I have but nobody has time for any of that.
    I have also packed a Gengar ever since Pokemon Red.
  • edited December 2016
    BTW answer to the trivia was Parasect can learn both spore and false swipe under certain kinda bs conditions.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • Naoza said:

BTW answer to the trivia was Parasect can learn both spore and false swipe under certain kinda bs conditions.

Now THAT is a garbage poke.
  • Naoza said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

ThatGent said:

The best catching Pokemon is Breloom (in my opinion), but since you insist on sticking with Gens 1 and 2, I would recommend an over-leveled Parasect. It learns both False Swipe AND Spore, so you can put it to sleep, then swipe it to 1 HP.
  • Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Now THAT is a garbage poke.
    It's got a nifty story, but that doesn't save it from how stupid it looks.
  • Apreche said:

ThatGent said:

Daddy two Arcanine
    No, you're thinking of a guy with two Ur-canines.
  • Parasect is an awesome story to a poke with terrible stats and unfortunate typing. Also yeah, breloom outclasses it in every way.
  • edited December 2016
    ThatGent said:

Parasect is an awesome story to a poke with terrible stats and unfortunate typing. Also yeah, breloom outclasses it in every way.

Yeah, but if they're just using it for catching anyway, the typing and competitive value of the Pokemon doesn't matter too much. Breloom would be more ideal, of course, but Parasect is the only Pokemon I can think of that has both Spore and False Swipe.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • This is true. But my substitute has been butterfree this gen. Compound eyes + wide lens is practically a spore.

On a side note, it is a sweet feeling protecting through a z-move, then recovering the chip damage. It's that little pinch of salt that garnishes a person's dashed hope.
  • Stun Spore/Spore/False Swipe makes Parasect the ultimate in capture technology.

Except for the part where he sucks literally every goat on Earth.

But we all have to make sacrifices.
  • You guys can suck it with your generational hate. I give all Pokes a chance to make it into my team on merit, not by what generation they happen to be part of.
  • VentureJ said:

ThatGent said:

Parasect is an awesome story to a poke with terrible stats and unfortunate typing. Also yeah, breloom outclasses it in every way.

Yeah, but if they're just using it for catching anyway, the typing and competitive value of the Pokemon doesn't matter too much. Breloom would be more ideal, of course, but Parasect is the only Pokemon I can think of that has both Spore and False Swipe.
    Believe it or not, that's not technically true, it only learns spore. The only way to give it false swipe is breeding with a scyther that learns it.
    Nuri said:

You guys can suck it with your generational hate. I give all Pokes a chance to make it into my team on merit, not by what generation they happen to be part of.

I'm the exact same as you. I just define poke to mean poke from gen 1 or 2. You include a bunch of nonsense non pokes in your definition.
  • Uh, Parasect can learn False Swipe via TM.
  • Look at gen 2's list of TMs, you'll notice false swipe is not among them.
  • Naoza said:

Nuri said:

You guys can suck it with your generational hate. I give all Pokes a chance to make it into my team on merit, not by what generation they happen to be part of.

I'm the exact same as you. I just define poke to mean poke from gen 1 or 2. You include a bunch of nonsense non pokes in your definition.
    Haters gonna hate. And also, lose to me. :P

• Naoza said:

Look at gen 2's list of TMs, you'll notice false swipe is not among them.

What's Gen 2? Pokemon started with Black and White.

• I think it's some form of Linux OS.
  • Naoza said:

Look at gen 2's list of TMs, you'll notice false swipe is not among them.

What's Gen 2? Pokemon started with Black and White.

Fair enough, enjoy your heathen fun.
  • Nuri said:

Naoza said:

Nuri said:

Haters gonna hate. And also, lose to me. :P

I wonder whether apples beat oranges every time
  • It does in an apple pie contest, and they just introduced higher quality apples.
  • ThatGent said:

It does in an apple pie contest, and they just introduced higher quality apples.

Touche
  • No one said you can't use oranges, this is just apple pie. Also, this is VGC 2016 all over...

• edited December 2016
    I see four recognizable poke's there. Arcanine is competitively viable? Smeargle is competitively viable? I would assume he's trash but apparently felixVGC disagrees
    Post edited by Naoza on