This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Comments

• Naoza said:

I see four recognizable poke's there. Arcanine is competitively viable? Smeargle is competitively viable? I would assume he's trash but apparently felixVGC disagrees

I would assume smeargle is viable just because your opponent has no clue what a given smeargle can do because of sketch.
  • Naoza said:

I see four recognizable poke's there. Arcanine is competitively viable? Smeargle is competitively viable? I would assume he's trash but apparently felixVGC disagrees

I would assume smeargle is viable just because your opponent has no clue what a given smeargle can do because of sketch.
    That seems reasonable but it reminds me of my strategy in starcraft when I scout some weird build that makes no sense. Just fuckin' kill him, he's using some unconventional strat and mine is tested and true so just walk over to his base and commence with the murder.

Oh no I have no idea what this really low stated poke can do... just kill it then? yep.
  • A pokemon tha can learn every move is definitely viable. I'm more surprised gyarados and porygon are in.
  • Oooh, Porgyon is a good poke. Gyarados not bad either. Most of the rest look like a pile of dirty laundry.
  • Gyarados is really good with double Intimidate shenanigans (when it switches in, it lowers the Attack of both the opponent's Pokemon). Arcanine is viable as an Intimidator as well. Porygon is also very solid, since it has both bulk and crazy type coverage with its diverse movepool.

Also, I'm assuming that everyone's just sticking to comfort Pokemon picks so early on, since no one knows what the hell everyone else will be running in the meta. Other than VGC16 (which was a clusterfuck), the region-restricted metas generally diversify quite a bit as people start figuring their teams out.
  • I am more questioning how a quad lightning vuln poke is in the same meta as a lightning legendary. Then I'm guessing the normal is a trick room starter for celesteela.
  • My guess is Smeargle is baton passing some buffs.
  • Baneful bunker, spore, an attack, and baton pass + sash. Best thing they ever did was nerd dark void.

Doubles is going to have crazy shenanigans.
    Already seeing torkoal and lilligant silliness
  • Yeah, I'm crazy excited for VGC this year! Lots of awesome new additions and shenanigans are possible now. The gorilla bros look really interesting, too.
  • Smeargle can learn nearly any move in the game, which makes them good for utility sets (and opponents can't predict what you're running).
  • It might be a fun experiment to run six Smeargles who know Metronome. No one know what's happening.
  • edited December 2016
    It's the boss that beats you down, beats you down and never lets up.

Post edited by ThatGent on
  • Ok, wow, Lillie's mom actually caught me off guard. That was almost a loss, super fun fight.
  • Anyone have a hidden ability Mareanie they want to trade? I can get you Moon exclusives or just breed the nature you need on something to make it worth your while.
  • I've been trying, failing, and trying again.
  • Not having DexNav in Sun and Moon sucks for that.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav
  • Ikatono said:

Anyone have a hidden ability Mareanie they want to trade? I can get you Moon exclusives or just breed the nature you need on something to make it worth your while.

I have half a box of breedjects with the HA, but I also have Moon and only really need the Sun exclusives. But I got the breeding stock through WonderTrade, so it was 0 effort on my part. Might as well pay it forward. Anyone who wants one, hit me up. BTW, this friend code list for the forum is relevant.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Trbh5JPGEMMxMtMnuz1PpXgNUZM0rzOTUHstF0HnXtg/edit?usp=drive_web#gid=0
  • edited December 2016
    I'll raincheck that. I've got a window between Christmas and New Year when I'm not travelling. Just name the sun exclusive you need.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • I need all the new ones. So Passimian, Turtonator, Solgaleo, Buzzwole, and Kartana. Not that I'm expecting you to have extra legendaries or UBs laying around. ;)
  • edited December 2016
    Oh, you need a Buzzwole? I have two. And like fuckin 10 Kartanas.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Oh, you need a Buzzwole? I have two. And like fuckin 10 Kartanas.

Yeah I just got the first mission where you catch multiple UBs. Didn't know about that. We can trade VE UBs to each other pretty easy in that case.

• You get two cover pokemon now, the second you just have to level from nebby., I'll throw in a passimian and lion.
  • edited December 2016
    ThatGent said:

You get two cover pokemon now, the second you just have to level from nebby., I'll throw in a passimian and lion.

Whatever you wanna offer is fine with me. Just poke me when you're ready. Obviously if I can get my hands on the lion, I'd be super happy. :)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I have acquired Passimian, Buzzwole, and Kartana. That was fast!
  • edited December 2016
    Just managed to get HA Mareanie. It actually wasn't that bad (still took hours though) once I trained a Smeargle with Worry Seed/False Swipe/Magical Leaf. I'll probably make it rain on the Wonder Trade at some point.

I forgot to update my friend list stuff after I got a new 3DS, so I'm not actually friends with anyone here anymore. I updated my friend code (4227-4107-7930) in the master list, though.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Has anyone else been playing battle spot? My team is way more serious than anything I ran in Y, but in Y I did ok and in Moon I've never won.
  • Just got it today. Downloading on my 3ds as we speak.
  • Anyone know, is it possible to catch two Nihilego?
  • edited December 2016
    Dazzle369 said:

Anyone know, is it possible to catch two Nihilego?

It doesn't seem so, but the language isn't clear on the point anywhere reliable that I can find information.
    Post edited by Churba on