This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Some Anime We're Watching

Tonight on GeekNights, Rym and Scott have watched a bunch of different anime, but not much of the same anime. So we talk about some Space Patrol Luluco, Lupin, Joker Game, Erased (which Emily and Rym both reviewed and did some final thoughts for on the Patreon), Kiznaiver, Sakamoto, and more. In the news, Captain America joins Hydra, and the NYCC is trying something with its badge sellout problem. I guess, and

The GeekNights Tshirt is on Amazon, and the GeekNights Patreon is going strong!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Holy shit, I beat your engineer to Chichen Itza? That was a 15+ turn project.
  • I'm pretty sure you guys missed the corporate / meta point of view for the "Captain America joins Hydra" issue.

DC was re-releasing / re-booting their books which have been terrible in sales and writing for the year or so, they were going to make headlines. Marvel just dropped this bomb using one book and got all the media attention. DC gets no media coverage to attract new readers.
  • pence said:

Holy shit, I beat your engineer to Chichen Itza? That was a 15+ turn project.

I threw an engineer at it on a lark. Literally just picked the wrong fucking turn to do it...

Egypt has earned the Enmity of Portugal. I had the engineer executed.
  • The last Empire who beat me to a wonder, died horribly at Rym's hand, I hesitate to wonder what Rym would do to a empire who beat him to a wonder he used a Great Engineer on!
  • The World Wonders
  • Rym said:

Egypt has earned the Enmity of Portugal. I had the engineer executed.

Enmity aside, do you want my wine? I have so many grapes and it'll be a few turns at least before you can crush them under the wheels of your trebuchets.
  • Portugal, ever gracious even with those whose great work affront the eyes of the gods, will not bring war to your small nation. We look seaword, to be free of the petty concerns of the land. Our continent shall be a land of peaceful contemplation and scientific advancement, and ever-vigilant Portugal will defend its shores with our growing fleet of ocean-going ships.
  • Damn, I'm pretty jealous of all this Civ V action.
  • I thought the end of Erased was pretty fucking garbage. Which is sort of par for the course on most murder mystery type stories.
  • I didn't finish Erased. I got inpatient and wanted to confirm if my guess on who the murderer was. So I read the wiki synopsis and I guessed right. I think it would have been a nice twist if the murderer could have also leaped through time.
  • edited June 2016
    Yeah I had the same guess from like episode 3. They foreshadowed it just a bit too much I thought. I thought it was still pretty enjoyable up until the reveal.
    Post edited by MATATAT on