This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TV Logs

Comments

• edited August 2016
    ITT: Scott being a condescending dickweed, part MMMLXXIV
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Uhh 3000 50 24
  • I will never understand why I cultivated an ability to quickly read Roman numerals.
  • I mostly only watch "TV" with my parents. Dad can't get around like he used to bad back, bad knees and now shoulder. Mom works retail in women's shoes. Which saps a lot of her energy. We just recently finished watching Stranger Things which we all enjoyed.
  • It's not quick for me, took about long as it took to type, maybe 5 seconds, not at a glance.
  • Rym said:

I only rag on him when he has broad and hard opinions about things he hasn't seen enough to comment on. Like, say, THE ENTIRE STATE OF COMEDY CINEMA POST-2000.

Yeah, I'll take the piss when he says something dumb like that(or just breeze over it), but I don't push him to enjoy my tastes, barring the occasions when I give him an honest recommendation because I genuinely think he'll like it(for example, recommending he check out Black Books a few days ago, because from his own description of what he likes, he might dig it.)

He's got his tastes and opinions, just like I do. If they don't overlap all the time, that's cool, we're still mates. I'm not going to browbeat him into agreeing with my tastes, it's more than enough to be able to talk about the places our tastes already overlap.

• I work 10+ hours a day and have 2+ hours of commute time. I spend the vast majority of my work day in an extra layer of clothing around hot steel. I get a couple of hours of me time after work, and I choose what to do with that time, and often, it is not productive because I don't have the extra energy to be productive. I may play a game, or watch TV, but I don't feel like running around (and ailments kinda prevent actual running right now), or getting anything really useful done unless it is absolutely necessary. Sometimes, on a Sunday evening, to wind down the weekend and relax to get ready for bed time, I will watch a movie or TV show and not do anything else at the same time except maybe eat.
  • Yesterday before bed I watched this 50 minute KVariety. Showtime with MAMAMOO and GFriend episode 7. In this episode GFriend goes to LA, but MAMAMOO goes to NYC! I was all like:

"Y U NO come when I was there? You are right near my office"

"No, don't give money to photo scam people on the street. Nooo."

"Nooo, don't go to Shake Shack, go to Schnippers instead. Nooo."

"OMG it is too hilarious whenever you try to speak English."

"Ok, good. You went to Halal guys. You did something right."

• I kind of agree with Scott but he's also being an asshat and hypocrite. I don't watch TV or movies almost at all. I watch an episode of Bobs Burgers or Cardcaptor Sakura two or three times a month. I listen to books and music, I write a lot of music and a bit of prose. I'm not so insecure as to start a thread to prove how much better I am because of it.
    Rym said:

Then how come you waste your time reading all that pointless fiction while I read primarily nonfiction, thereby educating myself?

Also unironicly this.
  • Apreche said:

"Nooo, don't go to Shake Shack, go to Schnippers instead. Nooo."

At least we agree on this.
  • Emily and I watched one episode of Last Week Tonight while we ate dinner.
  • I've been waiting the entire month for Amazon to notify me of new Steven Universe episodes, but didn't know they were part of Volume/Season 5. Purchased and went on a tiny bender from Bismuth to Know Your Gems,

Did a Tweet thread about it:

• Amazon is pretty bad at listing seasons of shows. Season 4 only just started a couple of weeks ago. They have Adventure Time listed for 10 seasons and Regular Show for 12, which are obviously far from the case.
  • Watched nothing yesterday.
  • edited August 2016
    Does YouTube count as TV these days?

If so, I saw the new Sixty Symbols about Maxwell's Demon using a cute kind of goth doll as a prop. Prof Moriarty used putty and a drum stick to make a connecting rod for a cardboard piston. Really the dude is kind of adorable in his metal-loving, oft exasperated ways.

So then spent about an hour on vintage Prof Moriarty eps.

Also a decent episode of Forgotten Weapons where Ian talks about an Ethiopian contact build of an already somewhat obscure Czech rifle from the 30's.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Watched Kubo and the Two Strings and one episode of Silver Spoon.
  • Does 3 hours of Overwatch count :-p
    • Saturday: Watched 5 episodes of Preacher.
    • Monday: Watched 1 episode of Preacher.
    • Wednesday: Watched 4 episodes of Preacher. Thus concludes Preacher season 1.
    Preacher & Game of Thrones season 6 are all the TV so far this year.
  • Monday: watched YouTube vids to improve my Overwatching
  • Watched four episodes of Azumanga last night. I think this is my fourth viewing, and it's still amazing.
  • One episode of Cardcaptor Sakura yesterday. Shit just got real.
  • I watched some asshole talk about his lunch on YouTube.
  • One episode of Case Closed last night.
  • Andrew said:

I watched some asshole talk about his lunch on YouTube.

That was the single most wasteful thing you could have done with your day :-p
  • I watched a How To set up MRTG in windows 10. which led me into a How To flash a new OS onto the garbage router optimum sent my dad. (soldering will be required) I do wonder if this constitutes me being a couch potato as I followed along for the MRTG install and was assessing the feasibility of doing the other.
  • Cremlian said:

Andrew said:

• Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

Andrew said:

I'm looking forward to Scott's "Social Eating" Twitch Channel.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

Andrew said:

I'm looking forward to Scott's "Social Eating" Twitch Channel.
  • In South Korea it's called a Muk-bang, and I'm not into it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muk-bang
  • I encountered a Muk-bang due to a meme. When I looked into it, it was less of a social eating media and more of a fetish involving incredibly think women eating massive quantities of food for a male audience's sexual enjoyment.