This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TV Logs

13»

Comments

• It's not so different from food shows here in the US. Man vs Food, No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, Vice Munchies.
  • I encountered a Muk-bang due to a meme. When I looked into it, it was less of a social eating media and more of a fetish involving incredibly think women eating massive quantities of food for a male audience's sexual enjoyment.

It's gross all around. I want to watch cooking, not eating.
  • I don't even wan't to watch cooking. If I have to watch cooking, either the writer of the recipe has failed to explain what he wanted with no ambiguity, or I have failed to understand the recipe maker due to inexperience.
  • Emily and I watched one episode of the Simpsons (season 6: Bart's Comet) while we ate dinner.
  • Space Dandy 14.
  • I watched this week's Running Man episode.
  • The first Pokemon movie, it did not hold up.
  • Hard Knocks. Still hate the Rams.
  • edited August 2016
    I watched "Lunch with Scott" while writing a Requirements Analysis Document for a client.
    Apparently I have to remember to try Schnippers.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Watched Episode 8 of Mr Robot.
    My favourite show.
  • Watched Episode 7 of Mr Robot.
    It has it's good parts, but mostly obscure plot.

• I finally finished The Wire. It took me a year, but man such a great fucking show. HBO just knows how to make quality shows with quality writing/characters/acting.

You can watch my tweeting about the show as I watched it.

• Oh shit Omar's coming!
  • 'sall in the game, yo.
  • It's like a cliche to recommend the wire. And I have a few friends that always do. But I felt like the first season didn't age well and I couldn't really get into the second. I'll eventually watch it. But as time goes on I fear it might get harder.

• I don't think HBO picks all the hits, it's just open to trying stuff that other entities aren't. As of now I think there is quite a bit of competition provided by Netflix and some missed opportunities.
    MATATAT said:

It's like a cliche to recommend the wire. And I have a few friends that always do. But I felt like the first season didn't age well and I couldn't really get into the second. I'll eventually watch it. But as time goes on I fear it might get harder.

I dunno I've watched it 3 times over, the first episode, first discussion between McNulty and Snotboogey's friend is amazing.

It holds up great, makes more sense now than before as police, political and race relations in America are more obvious to me. Sure there are bits which seem out of time but the plot, story and dialogue is hard to match (especially for (perceived) authenticity).