This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Overwatch Politics Club - 6v6 Mega Event

Comments

• Don't they mean ((((fact checking))))?
  • Enough of that nonsense. After much cajoling, I finally got premier to spit out the render. Here is the VP debate along with our commentary.

• Second Presidential Debate is now Up!
  • One last run, folks. Let's make it count. Who's in?
  • edited October 2016
    Once more unto the breach.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited October 2016

Side note - I'm still trying to upload the footage from the last FNPL game. Fucking hell.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Got a new headset just for this event.
  • I'm in. Do we want to just do a Google Hangout this time?
  • Depends on how many we get. If we have six, we'll just do the in-game chat. If we end up with enough to do a 6v6, even with a couple bots, we can do a hangout or even just use the discord. Whatever ends up working best.
  • Depends on how many we get. If we have six, we'll just do the in-game chat. If we end up with enough to do a 6v6, even with a couple bots, we can do a hangout or even just use the discord. Whatever ends up working best.

The discord didn't work out so well last time.

I thought the only problem was that, weirdly, Adam couldn't hear Chruba?

I thought the only problem was that, weirdly, Adam couldn't hear Chruba?
    It was but that doesn't raise confidence
  • If you are doing 6v6 I'll play, otherwise will just listen on discord
  • I'd like to join again.
  • Alright, getting set up. On the roster we have Churba, Linkigi, ThatGent, Joe Boomer, Super Pichu, and myself. That makes for a full six.
  • I actually didn't know there was a debate tonight until I happened to open battle.net at 9pm and see 24 friends online.
  • For the first time in a while, I'm agreeing with Scott, ya know what I watched tonight? Hockey. We won, I had a good night, When the game ended the stream switched to the debate. Just like that, I remember that I live in reality and a vile human has the potential become the most powerful human ever. Fuck it. I'm watching hockey.
  • edited October 2016
    Overwatch was fun, debate was just as weird as prior ones.
    Very weird playing at 280 ping hopefully wasn't as annoying for people playing against me as shots that look like they should land don't (welcome to how I played Quake over a dialup modem).

Most fun was when everyone on the enemy team went all junk rat and I got to BOOP many a person of the bridge.

Crazy last game.
    Crazy "debate".

"She wants to rip 9 month old babies from the womb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • This is what I was talking about, when I was thinking "No no no, don't rip the baby"

• Those babies are perforated for easy tearing.

• It's been fun, folks. If there's another event we can game and watch, political or otherwise, I'll round up the usual suspects.

Anyone into playing racing games while watching F1 or Formula D? lol
  • And if you're wondering why everything I said was lost, it's because Discord is a pile of shit, and should be taken out the back and shot.
  • Churba said:

And if you're wondering why everything I said was lost, it's because Discord is a pile of shit, and should be taken out the back and shot.

Wow. What happened? We could all hear you during the game.
  • Churba said:

And if you're wondering why everything I said was lost, it's because Discord is a pile of shit, and should be taken out the back and shot.

I don't know if anyone has tried Curse as a Discord alternative. I haven't used it myself, but I have to assume that since my company bought it recently, it must be decent.
  • Churba said:

You could - but Victor couldn't. Just as Adam couldn't in Debate 2.

I don't know if anyone has tried Curse as a Discord alternative. I haven't used it myself, but I have to assume that since my company bought it recently, it must be decent.

Oh believe me, there was plenty of curses, you just can't hear them.
  • There's always election results night...
  • Drink every time Trump wins a state.
  • I assume on election night people will find some sort of result watching party/collective immigration to Canada action depending on results.
  • What about blizzard's voice chatroom program they conveniently released after the debates as a discord alternative?
  • If it works, we can all join a mega-chat even if we're not all in the same matches, and also as a global chat if we're in a 6v6!