This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Swag time

Comments

• Okay. But IF you were to make a Mr. Period shirt, perhaps you could give it out as some sort of special prize on the forums...
    I got pwnd by Mr. Period and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
  • Dude, "Let's do dumb shit" is like, my quote! I need this shirt!!
    Our quote, Conrad. Our quote.
  • edited November 2006
    "Got Damn"- Rym's Quote of the Day
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Since I'm allowed only one official vote, I am giving it to "Bewegung, oder wir schlagen sie" as I enjoy German.
    "Let's do dumb shit" is almost as amusing to me, though.
  • Okay, I went with the "You can't ____ 10 _____!" I'm going to throw out a couple of these, see what you think. None of them are amazing, but I tried.

You can't Jack 10 Thompsons!
    You can't buy 10 shirts!
    You can't got 10 damns!
    You can't remember 10 things, you know?
    You can't say 10 fucks! (On the back) Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! (You guys wore a GoatSE t-shirt, so i'm not sure that you care about content)

All I got for now, i'll be thinking.
  • You can't buy 10 shirts!
    You can't say 10 fucks! (On the back) Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!
    These are brilliant
  • You could always just do "You can't (underscore) ten (underscore)!"

Or, you can go Mad-Lib style: "You can't (verb) ten (noun, plural)!"

Hey, maybe that last one can be the Mr. Period shirt. It's both fun and grammatically correct!
  • I kind of like that mad-lib one. The problem with using that phrase, especially with actual words, is that it doesn't really work without the correct tone of voice. Doesn't translate in writing. :<
  • Oooh, I dig the Mad Libs style. If I'd seen that in the options I totally would have chosen that one over "dumb shit".
  • It says "If u can read this, then u teh leet". It's actually incorrect. The proper way to say it is "If u can read this, then u r eleet." It doesn't matter, because I'm pretty sure a shirt like that already exists.
    Your right, but the shirt reads "If you can read this, you really need to get laid", Of course in l33t speak.
  • edited December 2006
    I got pwnd by Mr. Period and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
    Beautiful.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • edited December 2006
    This is one phrase I can no longer say with my own voice anymore, because it always comes out like how Scott says it.

"Holy Craaap..."
    Post edited by Rym on
  • This is one phraseIcan no longer say with my own voice anymore, because italwayscomesoutlikehowScott says it.

"Holy Craaap..."
    I say it how Strong Bad says it.
  • Pour Sonik is juist geting slamed by mr periud all ofer the bored, isnt he? i meen, got-dam.
  • Pour Sonik is juist geting slamed by mr periud all ofer the bored, isnt he? i meen, got-dam.
    Well it looks to me like nobody told pour SOnik about the shift key.
  • Really, the most marketable one is "You can't ___ 10 ___.", though it may be best if you fill in those blanks.
  • my idea would be this:
    There are
    types of people in this world
    those that understand
    binary and those that don't
  • You can tell 10 "There are 10 kinds of people" jokes.
  • my idea would be this:
    There are
    types of people in this world
    those that understand
    binary and those that don't
    That one has been around for years.

My personal favorite is:

"? (up arrow) (ohm symbol)" - "What up holmes!"
  • edited March 2008
    The first phrase that, thanks to listening to Geeknights, has become common in my everyday speech.

"Blobbity Blah"

"Gotdamn" was a close second, but its already been suggested.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • Well, If you ever want to get some swag out to the Australian listeners, I can have it manufactured and distributed through the family business or friends of the family. We can do screen printed and Embroidered, well, Anything - We've even done flight helmet Visor covers for one of the F-111 Squadrons that fly out of Amberly - and We can also do Thermal Sublimation prints onto plastic and semi-metal cards.
  • edited February 2007
    What do you guys think?

Been there, done that.

Oh wait, that's hard to put on a T-shirt...

Next idea;
    "Have you heard of this podcast?
    It's supposed to be really good!"

th_orly_owl.jpg

(By the bye sorry that it's the 2nd image in the 2nd post ever made by my, but they're both relevant).

Edit:
    Oh, I am so ashamed of myself for the grammar used. I usually don't use such bad grammar.
    It shouldn't affect my ideas though. Please tell me what you think.

I just got an idea! We could have a contest! the one who makes the winning design(s) wins a free t-shirt.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Should I even bother correcting that?
    1. Capitalization.
    2. Punctuation
    3. "they're" not "their"

If you don't use proper grammar, [insert hollow threat here].
  • How about this?

"OMG!ONOZ!!! You can't verb ten nouns!!!"
  • How about this?

"OMG!ONOZ!!! You can't verb ten nouns!!!"
    Did you even bother to read the rest of the thread?
  • Yes, I did. What I said in quotes, I meant exactly. Not 'insert verb here' and 'insert plural noun here,' but exactly as I wrote it. I've been marathoning the show, for the last month or so, during my hour and a half round trip commute, and during most of the 8 hours I spend at work daily. It seemed to me that the "omg" and the "onoz" seems to come up a bit in the show, and the "you can't verb ten nouns" was used as part of the explanation of the "you cant ___ ten ___" bit.
  • How about "You can't do ten atomic sit ups"?
  • edited May 2007
    How about this picture on a t-shirt?

Get it? GeeKnights? Anyone?

*Crickets*
    Post edited by Jason on
  • How about this picture on a t-shirt?

Get it? GeeKnights? Anyone?

*Crickets*
    Talk about asking to get sued.