This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NHL

edited October 2006 in Everything Else
Who is your team and how are they doing? Been to any games lately?

Comments

• NY Rangers are my team. They're 5 and 5. I do not see a Stanley Cup for us this year. We'll probably go to a game sometime this year. We're desperate for hockey.
  • I'm with the Atlanta Trashers. We have been doing great this season, going 8-1 and upsetting the Sabres then other day. I'm planning on going to a game once band calms down. Too bad my college hockey team sucks :(
  • I'm with the Atlanta Trashers. We have been doing great this season, going 8-1 and upsetting the Sabres then other day. I'm planning on going to a game once band calms down. Too bad my college hockey team sucks :(
    I'm sorry your hockey team isn't real. You live far too South of the Messier line.
  • How about the fights?
  • I'm sorry your hockey team isn't real. You live far too South of the Messier line.
    Since when does location dictate whether a team is real or not?
  • I couldn't find the original image, so I whipped up my own version just now. Here it is. Excuse my poor drawing skills.
  • I couldn't find the original image, so I whipped up my own version just now.Here it is. Excuse my poor drawing skills.
    Bullshit. Besides we are one of the top teams in the league. I seriously don't see why you make this argument of only the north can have hockey, it's such a moot point. Would you rather keep it just among the New England States and have a small fanbase, or would you rather it grow and become a larger sport in American culture?
  • Wow dude, it's a joke, mostly. It's supposed to be funny. You know, people who live in the tropics playing hockey. It's funny in the same way as people in the US playing soccer. It's not a serious thing like "Those people down South, what do they know about hockey?" It's a joking thing like "Those people down South, what do they know about hockey?"

Seriously though, There are way too many teams in the NHL. It is mostly the newer teams in the South and the West that are not doing so well. Attendance is down, but as you travel North and East you find the teams that are selling more tickets. Every NY Rangers ticket package is sold out. If you want to go to a game you have to get lucky, work for a company or know somebody.
  • Yeah, I knew it was a joke, I overreacted a little.