This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Will you vote?

edited October 2006 in Politics
Just a quick question to the Americans here because I'm curious. Are you going to vote in the upcoming elections?

Comments

• I'll be voting for a few candidates, but "none of the above" sadly still applies to many of the positions up for grabs...
  • Yeap, usually, I vote the party not in control in major elections (Federal) and Third party for all Local positions (unless I specificly know a person running on the local level)
  • Yeah, I gotta vote for a few people. Also, even if I wasn't voting for any candidates, I still go to the booth to vote on propositions, referendums, etc. Not like it matters, I voted for trains last time and trains lost.
  • edited October 2006
    I'm underage, so I can't really answer the question.

If I could vote, though, I would.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Yep, I'll be voting.

I base my vote on which candidate had the least amount of canned calls served to my home phone.
  • Yep, I'll be voting.

I base my vote on which candidate had the least amount of canned calls served to my home phone.
    That's one of the top 5 best ways I've ever heard to decide who to vote for.
  • I'm underage, so I can't really answer the question.

If Icouldvote, though, I would.
    Reminds me of The Breakfast Club
    Andrew: What do you need a fake I.D. for?
    Brian: So I can vote.

Not that I'm advocating that...wait, yes I am, we need as many smart people to vote as possible
  • I'll be voting. Regardless about how I feel towards certain candidates, I'd rather vote and lose than not vote at all.
  • I'll be voting. Regardless about how I feel towards certain candidates, I'd rather vote and lose than not vote at all.
    Word.
  • The incumbents in my county/district are running on the platform that college students should not be allowed to vote where they go to school; as if I didn't spend over 3/4s of the year in my college's county and if the majority of my disposable income wasn't spent in my college's county . . . WTF?! Also, our House of Representatives Representative is and idiot and a jerk, I cringe when she speaks. So yeah, I'll be voting.
  • I would vote, but filling out the paper work for an absentee ballot, is a pain. It is just not worth it when I no longer live in the state that I would be voting in.
  • Haha, yea, if i see a Negative ad. More then likely I'll be voting against the person running the ad!
  • edited November 2006
    We got a negative ad in the mail today. It was from one of those independent groups that does not officially endorse any particular candidate; they just bash the incumbent. It was pretty funny because they were bashing someone we already hated.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited November 2006
    I like to screw with the political pollsters. You can often tell who they work for by the sound of the typing after you answer a question.

Once I figure out who they work for, I tell them the opposite of what the polls say.

If their candidate is way up, I tell them my opinion of them is trash, and then I try to bullshit my way into telling them why...

Yes, I'm one of those evil people who told the pollsters that I voted for Kerry to screw up their exit polling data !!!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Yes, I'm one of those evil people who told the pollsters that I voted for Kerry to screw up their exit polling data !!!
    Oh, Here I thought you were Evil for not voting for Kerry ^_^ J/k!