This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 061007 - Oltremare - Merchants of Venice

RymRym
edited November 2006 in Board Games
Tonight on GeekNights, we review Oltremare - Merchants of Venice, which we played at Ubercon. In the news, Mother 3 is probably not coming to the US, but you can play a fanslation, and Child's Play launches for 2006.

Scott’s Thing - George Dillman...
Rym’s Thing - Mario's Life

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I believe they call them the British ^_^
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I knew about Mario's life for such a along time, I still can believe you had not seen it until recently.
  • I still can believe you had not seen it until recently.
    I chose things of the day that I don't think a lot of people have seen, or things that I want to discuss on the show ^_~ The majority of my TotD have been, from my perspective, very old.
  • Honestly, Mr. Dillman.

"His tongue was in the wrong position in his mouth." I mean, what kind of idiot would fall for that?!

Did anyone else notice that the only people in the direct path of George's "chi ball" (who were affected by it) were all the same set of people? If anything, they were told to fake being KO'd once George had made his "sphere-making" little gesture.
  • I remember The Whale Shark and I having a conversation about ki, kiai, and just what is actually happening, at the neurological level, when someone honestly tries to use their ki in a fight. I believe the hypothesis we came up with was a combination of activating the fight-or-flight reflex and taking advantage of developed predictive algorithms.
    As for actual contact fighting, much of it is simply taking advantage of the way that muscles are normally connected together. There's nothing mystical about using leverage and exploiting the human body's muscular structure.
  • I still can believe you had not seen it until recently.
    I chose things of the day that I don't think a lot of people have seen, or things that I want to discuss on the show ^_~ The majority of my TotD have been, from my perspective, very old.
    That explains it but you normally mention having found about X minutes before
    Scott and viceversa.
  • Hah! Now I know to use the tongue defense and the alternating big toe raise trick to nullify any evil chi masters that I may come across.