This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Cool. I was actually wondering what happened to you earlier this week (I think it had to do with the Tumblr purchase, but I'm not sure). To catch you up to speed, everyone was Nine but Nine (QED the "not nine" handle) who is now mod, I make dedicated threads for recurring topics I want to be isolated, and Jack and Muppet seem to be in a flamewar arms race.
  • edited May 2013
    That sort of died down now though flamewar wise.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Cool. I was actually wondering what happened to you earlier this week (I think it had to do with the Tumblr purchase, but I'm not sure). To catch you up to speed, everyone was Nine but Nine (QED the "not nine" handle) who is now mod, I make dedicated threads for recurring topics I want to be isolated, and Jack and Muppet seem to be in a flamewar arms race.
    what
  • Nine mod now, which was his username for a while. Jack was a Romney supporter, so 'nuff said, and Muppet seemed to have joined exclusively to start flamewars and talk about Connecticon, and he very quickly ran out of Connecticon.

As for how everyone was Nine, um... it just made sense at the time.
  • As for how everyone was Nine, um... it just made sense at the time.
    Who wouldn't want to be Nine?
  • Nah, Mups is okay. Remember how he Ran that minecraft server? And he has had some other stuff to say, too. I figure the guy is just busy right now, y'know, real life intervenes and all that.
  • Muppet strikes me as a guy that's used to an entirely different corner of the internet that was in a new land.
  • You guys are talking about these guys like they don't exist anymore :-p
  • Man, I miss Scojo, too bad about that guy.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2013
    Too bad that the original user of the Churba handle is no longer with us. Every time I see a post from "Churba", it makes me wish that the real Churba were here.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Truly, he died as he lived.
  • With a beverage in hand watching burning couches.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi. I'm Kelvin. My friend Geo directed me to this forum, saying it was full of nice, intelligent people. I'm an aspiring screenwriter who can't help but go into a story and figure out its subtext and mechanical function, finding frustration in flaws and satisfaction in hidden innovation. Basically, I find a lot of enjoyment in analysis and I love meeting pragmatic, intelligent people. I love animation and anime; I enjoy sports when I can get around to them (particularly soccer and tennis). I have a significant interest in gender and the way it influences mindsets as well as aesthetics. I also happen to be gay. I'm sorry if this seems like something of an unfocused introduction; I'm not always the most organized guy. But I look forward to spending time here. Nice to meet you all!
    Post edited by zeo1fan on
  • nice, intelligent
    You must be new here.
    people.
    Yep.

I kid, I kid. Welcome! I hope we live up to your expectations.
  • nice, intelligent
    You must be new here.
    people.
    Yep.

I kid, I kid. Welcome! I hope we live up to your expectations.
    :D Thank you. The people around here already seem pretty cool. ^_^

• Hello I am Jared, I am a little shy. My interests are screwing shit up, procrastinating, and sleeping. Other than that I enjoy Sci-Fi, and anime, and some video games.
  • Hi, my name is Chris. I go by the name Alaric online because as a child i loved to read about german history and gothic and visigothic culture and events. Also, much like Alaric, i aspire to be a master computer scientist as well as a mediocre physicist. I also plan to name my first son Alaric (poor bastard). My hobbies are playing guitar, writing music, playing games, running, climbing, occasionally falling, kendo, and pretty much everything under the sun. I enjoy having analytic and intelligent discussions as well as watching Simone strike his foes with his super-awesome drill. I like anime a lot too. I am a geek, and i can't wait to meet all of you.
  • Hello, my name is Spencer. This will be my re-introduction into the geeknights forum as a couple years ago I tried to romp around here under the name IijanGin. I had no friends and going back and reading my comments, I would call myself a little shit, but that's just growing up I guess. My hobbies include being bad at things like snowboarding, butterfly knives, dota, and watching anime. I am so bad at watching anime. But oh do I love it so...
  • Welcome to both of you!
  • Identify myself, eh? I shall do so. I'm Scootalonely, though I have gone by many names at this point; foremost Morton Shaker, Shaeress and DODO. Scoots will suffice, unless that is already occupied.
    As for who I actually am? I'm a nerd and a geek, like all of you all. I tend to do the board games, roleplaying, computers, computer games and some more specific things... such as them ponies. Currently my living room table is covered by "Mansion of Madness", my kitchen table is literally overflowing with Magic; the Gathering cards and I've got a dozen or so tabs open of pony RP stuffs, several wikipedia articles about molluscs and several from a roleplaying forum I frequent.
    My current occupation is menial, boring industrial work during which I have plenty of time to listen to GeekKnights and that alongside my current hobbies usually keeps me more than occupied.
  • Morton Shaker
    ARE YOU SALTY!?
  • Only if you get me all shaken up.
  • Well I was kind of joking before, but you didn't say no, so... Now I'm hoping you really are?
  • Oh, I'm McTenderloin. If you see a MisterShake2099 somewhere that is me as well.
    I have a degree in CS, but my job doesn't require the use of any of those skills so I might be an impostor. That's the best kind of imp, though.
    I have recently taken up miniature painting and reading Culture novels. I was plowing through them at ludicrous speed, but then I read Steelheart and still haven't regained my stomach for books in the weeks since.
    My pitiful claim to fame is that I was the first guy mentioned in the podcast that could not gain forum access due to the recently resolved issues. I was more pleased about that than I'm comfortable admitting. Now I have nothing.
    So introduction.
    Much forum.
  • Oh, I'm McTenderloin. If you see a MisterShake2099 somewhere that is me as well.
    I have a degree in CS, but my job doesn't require the use of any of those skills so I might be an impostor. That's the best kind of imp, though.
    I have recently taken up miniature painting and reading Culture novels. I was plowing through them at ludicrous speed, but then I read Steelheart and still haven't regained my stomach for books in the weeks since.
    My pitiful claim to fame is that I was the first guy mentioned in the podcast that could not gain forum access due to the recently resolved issues. I was more pleased about that than I'm comfortable admitting. Now I have nothing.
    So introduction.
    Much forum.

Not enough wow.

• Banta said:

Oh, I'm McTenderloin. If you see a MisterShake2099 somewhere that is me as well.
    So introduction.
    Much forum.

Not enough wow.

Nary more than an hour and I've already disappointed everyone.
    When I'm gone, think fondly of me.
  • Banta said:

Oh, I'm McTenderloin. If you see a MisterShake2099 somewhere that is me as well.
    So introduction.
    Much forum.

Not enough wow.

Here commented McTenderloin. He was delicious.
  • Banta said:

So introduction.
    Much forum.

Not enough wow.

Here commented McTenderloin. He was delicious.
    The only thing I regret is... not marinading.
  • Hello I am Jonathan Craven and I have been listening to the back log of Geek night few a couple of weeks now. ( and can I say, it is feels very meta, talking with RYm and Scott seconds after listening to them-from-last-year)

So hey, see you around the forum.
  • Hah! If you talk to us additional times in person, you'll find that our actual personalities are in some ways the opposite of what you hear on the show... ;)