This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Sup, I'm Leviathan, got pulled over here after I heard about how y'all called out AP. It was about time someone with influence did something about them. I'm a big fan of Nintendo games and FPS games, as well as buttloads of anime. Sorry if this seems a little distracted... I happened across a copy of Silent Hill 1... ^^;;

Anyway, I'm not too active on forums in general, especially with a forum as huge as this one. Ah, and I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi, so if i start PMing you with your posts corrected, don't ignore it. Go edit your post. I also have an issue with names being eaten by numbers and such, so please forgive any prejudices I might have do to that.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Ah, and I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so if i start PMing you with your posts corrected, don't ignore it. Go edit your post.
    Don't worry, that's my job ^_^
  • edited July 2007
    Anyway, I'm not too active on forums in general, especially with a forum as huge as this one.
    Is this a big forum? I like it because it's smaller . . . 0_o
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • edited July 2007
    Hey I am Malachi also know as Evan. I am 16 years of age I am going into my Junior year of High School. I work at a year-round Haunted House, and I scare people, it is a lot of fun. I have been into anime since I was around 7-9 years old and I was always a gamer. I got into tech stuff when PC's became commonplace and I spent most of my time learning how to work the single piece Macintosh I got at a garage sale with my allowance. Then in my teens I became interested with online communities and all that led to podcasts. I also play Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrun and D20 Modern, which are all very good RPGs.

Even Though my nick name suggests I am religious, I am not. I just like the name Malachi, I think it sounds cool. I am an atheist kind of even though I am dabbling in Buddhism, though at my current state of maturity I am not strict enough with my life to follow the whole philosophy.

Well anyway thats me. Hello everyone.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Lev! Malachi!

Heh heh, it looks like we're seein' more of the DoS gang here.
  • I am 16 years of age
    I got into tech stuff when PC's became commonplace
    Maybe we should make a poll to see how many of us had computers when you were born. Welcome to the forums!
  • Hey everyone. I'm Matt, I'm 17 and I live in Southern California.
    I drink, and recently quit smoking and damn proud of myself.

I dress like an emo kid, but love 80's Rock and Metal.

So far, I am loving the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. I've been gaming since my first birthday back in the NES days.
    I'm on CS, I go by iSuck. If you see me say what's up. Uh...anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.
  • Yo everyone. I'm Victoria but I am known as Viga. (The "vi" from my first 2 initials and the "Ga" from the first 2 initials of my last name) I'm 21 and I live in PG county, MD. I watch anime and read manga as if its the last thing on earth. I collect DVD's, figures, monthlies, posters, manga and anything that catches my fancy. I also play videogames and my faves are Halo, Fable, DQ8, Gurumin, Burnout, Wii Sports, Super smash.....Yeah...there is a bigger list than I thought heh. I dress like an emo, punk, anime character and a lolita all got chopped in a blender.

I also draw manga and do flashes and art. I'm at PG community in the animation program and transferring to Art institute in another year. I hope I can meet and hang with a lot of you! (thumbs up)
  • edited July 2007
    Yo everyone. I'm Victoria but I am known as Viga. (The "vi" from my first 2 initials and the "Ga" from the first 2 initials of my last name) I'm 21 and I live in PG county, MD. I watch anime and read manga as if its the last thing on earth. I collect DVD's, figures, monthlies, posters, manga and anything that catches my fancy. I also play videogames and my faves are Halo, Fable, DQ8, Gurumin, Burnout, Wii Sports, Super smash.....Yeah...there is a bigger list than I thought heh. I dress like an emo, punk, anime character and a lolita all got chopped in a blender. I also draw manga and do flashes and art. I'm at PG community in the animation program and transferring to Art institute in another year. I hope I can meet and hang with a lot of you! (thumbs up)

So, I'm not the only one that dresses emo now? Yay!
    Post edited by iSuck on
  • Hey everyone. I'm Matt, I'm 17 and I live in Southern California. I drink, and recently quit smoking and damn proud of myself. I dress like an emo kid, but love 80's Rock and Metal. So far, I am loving the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. I've been gaming since my first birthday back in the NES days. I'm on CS, I go by iSuck. If you see me say what's up. Uh...anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.
    Do you only dress like an emo kid, or are you actually an emo kid?

I'll never get used to the sight of emo kids at a brutal death metal show. It's odd, really.

Seriously, what's with the ultra-tight pants? I have to ask.
  • Hey everyone. I'm Matt, I'm 17 and I live in Southern California. I drink, and recently quit smoking and damn proud of myself. I dress like an emo kid, but love 80's Rock and Metal. So far, I am loving the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. I've been gaming since my first birthday back in the NES days. I'm on CS, I go by iSuck. If you see me say what's up. Uh...anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.

I'll never get used to the sight of emo kids at a brutal death metal show. It's odd, really.

Just ask William Beckett.

I find the clothes and hair straightening rather comforting.
  • Hey I am Wyatt Walter Wells. Yes I am the internet. I figured it's about time I posted in this thread. I am 25 living in Albany NY. I am originally from Hague NY on Lake George. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. I can bench press more then I weigh which I am really happy with lately. I went to Norwich University for Biomedical Tech, Chem and Bio. It's a small private military school in the middle of no where. I ended up being the President of the Norwich University Tactics Society (NUTS) for 3 of the 4 years I was their. Lots of good times lots of the suck too. Now I work for the Department of Health. I like going out with friends, love D&D and my 360. So I am a bit more of a gamer then con goer or anime geek. I dress like I dress and act like I act. I am the guy the helps other people get on the right path to not sucking through life. Mostly I am the type of guy that helps other people be the awesome that they can be. Well at least that's what I keep telling myself.
  • edited July 2007
    Hello everyone. The name's David, and I'm from the mystical land of Missouri, a place where the barbecue is awesome, and everything else is not so awesome. I've been listening on and off to Geeknights since maybe Otakon time last year (I'm making plans to go in 2008, in fact, though they'll probably fail), and I decided I'd have to join the forum eventually. As for myself, I'm still in high school (Senior), and I'm into the typical list of geek hobbies (mainly anime, manga/comics, and video gaming. Finally starting to get into table-top RPGs and such.)
    Oh, and music. I'm a musician of various instruments, and have finally got an actual band together (and by band, I mean one other person. White Stripes-style. Oh yeah.) Well that's about it. Hope this wasn't too much of a rambling post. I'll see you guys around.
    Post edited by Dave D. on
  • Hello all, I'm Josh F, and I come from Austin, TX. I'm pretty young, but I'm (usually) not annoying. I do obsess over things in a Geeky way, usually about videogames. I've thought about going to Cons with my dad, probably ComiCon in Dallas, just cause we can. I am also slowly getting my family into anime, which is quite fun. So... yes, I think that is just about all you need to know.

-Pro X
  • edited August 2007
    Hi, if you haven't guessed by my name, it's Lenny. Manis is my last name, and I reside here in Topeka, KS. I am 25 years old and an Aquarius! I work for(this is long) Kansas Deptartment of Health and Environment under the Bureau Center for Health and Environmental Statistics for the Office of Vital Statistics as an Adminsistrative Assistant. Basically I make sure the records of hundreds of thousands of peoples born in Kansas are all correct and up to date. *Whew*

Jumping into things, I am a Huge fan of Goth music. Old school is where I like to kick it when it comes to my collection. Christian Death, Nosferatu, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Wake, I think ya get the point. While i do like more electronic goth/industrial. Running on, I also have jumped onto the NerdCore wagon, and must say, I think we can make it all the way to Oregon.

I first heard about Geek Nights from the AP podcast. I am of course a fan of Anime. My geekery shines when it comes to the Horror genre, and World of Warcraft, but I also love D&D, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, and your run of the mill Console RPG. I am also in a LARP association playing the crapily craptastic Vampire: The Requiem.

My favorite podcasts are of course, Geek Night's, The Awful Show, Anime Pulse, and The Axis of Justice. Really when it comes to podcasts, I don't care what they sound like, as long as I personally enjoy them and find something interesting out.
    I hope to begin going to Cons later this year, to early next year. Also, I'd love to learn Japanese, but I have No clue where to start.
    Post edited by lenny415 on
  • Hello.

So, my name is Aleksi Tervo, I am 14 and from Finland. Got referred by Apsu over there through his online comic and found this podcast very interesting for some odd reason I haven't yet figured out. I started listening these from the start and am right now listening to Geeknights of the 10th of April -06.
  • Hi, I'm Nils, or T045T, EDGE or YoPoWa, depending on what I'm playing/where I'm posting (;
    I'm 16 and from Germany, but spent the last year in the USA (Wisconsin). I graduated from High School over there, but I have 2 years of school left here before I can go to university.
    I'm kinda planning on becoming a 3D-Designer or something, if I have the talent to do that... otherwise I'll have to put more effort in learning to program, which I also sort of like (I know a lot of HyperCard, some Fenix and an itty bitty piece of C++).
    I, like most of the people here, am sort of a multi-geek. I've been into computers for a long time, Linux for a couple years and anime for a couple months. Also, I like video games (Mainly DC and XBOX, Soul Calibur ftw ^^) and sports (running, snowboarding, fencing).

And lastly, I registered on the forum to comment on the shmups episode, and because the people seemed nice (= Also, I love the idea of enforcing correct grammar and punctuation :D
  • clxclx
    edited August 2007
    Hey all, I'm clx (clicks)

I'm from Albion (apparently), I work with these infernal devices called computers all day, and if I don't get banned from this forum in under 2 months for bad spelling and grammar, I will see it as a great personal achievement.

Nice run-on sentence.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hello, I'm Elliot, I'm 20 years old, and I reside in Pittsburgh, PA. I am an atheist, a multimedia student, and I really enjoy cyberpunk and steampunk. I'm also into anime, BMX, books, board games, cartoons, comics, computers, fitness, manga, movies, music, and video games. I'm slowly writing a book. In addition to GeekNights, I listen to AWO, Fast Karate, Greatest Movie EVER!, MacCast, Ninja Consultant, and TWiT. I'm glad to be a part of the forums.
  • Hi, I'm Pradyumn Vij, yes that's a mouthful but I've forced all my friends and teachers since grade school to say it but I'll let you guys call me by my gamer tag.
    I'm from Perth, Western Australia but am leaving to work in the UK, in a few weeks.  I'm a qualified Veterinarian, I graduated in December of last year and am 24 years old.
    My main vices are Comics and related products, PC gaming, computer hardware and handheld tech in the form of PDAs and the quest for the perfect phone with all available technology.
  • edited October 2008
    Hello, my name is Stefan. This year i graduate(d) from my school and then move somewhere to study. got to give nine months away to my country. I spend most of my time with my computer working with handicapped people. I seldom play video games and have a serious lack of board games and pen and paper rpgs.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • edited August 2007
    Yo, my name is Stephen Hohmann, sometimes called Steph or Honasty. I'm 23 and live in Port Huron, Michigan. I am a bad poor writer ( bad poor at finishing anything anyway). I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Mario, etc. I mainly stick to new releases of the tried and true franchises, though I just recently started playing Half-Life and am enjoying it. I read mainly shonen manga, Dragonball, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note. Okay, Naruto, too. I buy comics but I rarely enjoy them anymore. I keep paying for them just in case they get good again. Ultimate Spider-Man is good. X-Men... you got me into this and you've let me down the past few (six) years. I've tried many times getting a good D&D campaign going but they rarely have lasted longer than a month or two. I'm still hopeful that one day I will find "the perfect gaming group."
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited August 2007
    Hi, my name's Katherine Lo but everybody calls me Kat. I'm 18 and live in new york city. I currently attend SUNY Purchase college, majoring in Art & Design. Ive been an anime geek for most of my life (though I wish I was born earlier so that I was able to be part of the awesome 80s and 90s anime craze). Grew up on Sailor moons and Dragon balls and pokemans like mostly every otaku. Now I'm just the straight up anime geek and watch mostly everything my bittorrent and netflix can get me.
    So yea, recently become addicted to Geeknights. story of my life
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Hi, my name is Arjun G Menon. Won't go into the G, but suffice it to say I have been called G-Man, AgaMenon and on occasion, Arjun. I am a 17 year old guy living in a technologically-backwater city called Dubai in the Middle East. I am not a formal geek since I live way too far away to fully experience the magic that is AYBATU or whatever internet phenomenon is up and running at the time. I do however sit back and read up on all the pop-culture references on Wikipedia. I have a television which regularly airs American TV shows such as South Park (from which I learnt everything about America - its not that hard, just take everything they say and tone down the blatant exaggeration).

I like maths and computers. Big fan of Lego (robotics style).

So yeah, I love the Internet, computers, games whatever and I find GeekNights so cool because each show is so informative - It's like a course on pop culture (and technology too).
    One thing GeekNights taught me, was the Call of Cthulhu was a book before it was a D&D campaign.

Found the show on a post by Applegeeks writer, Ananth. Downloading it piece meal. Will eventually hear them all.
  • edited August 2007
    Yo, my name is Stephen Hohmann, sometimes called Steph or Honasty. I'm 23 and live in Port Huron, Michigan. I am abadpoorwriter (badpoorat finishing anything anyway). I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Mario, etc. I mainly stick to new releases of the tried and true franchises, though I just recently started playing Half-Life and am enjoying it. I read mainly shonen manga, Dragonball, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note. Okay, Naruto, too. I buy comics but I rarely enjoy them anymore. I keep paying for them just in case they get good again. Ultimate Spider-Man is good. X-Men... you got me into this and you've let me down the past few (six) years. I've tried many times getting a good D&D; campaign going but they rarely have lasted longer than a month or two. I'm still hopeful that one day I will find "the perfect gaming group."
    Wow, you have put me in my place. Maybe I should rethink my life's ambition.
    Post edited by MajinMetroid on
  • edited September 2007
    Hey all. I go by Tenchi Kaze on most of the internet, but my real name is Eryn. I just got into GeekNights Wednesdays a few days ago, and will probably be subscribing to Thursdays soon as well. It's joined the ranks of the only anime-related podcasts I listen to, the others being AWO and Otaku Kakumei. I run a podcast myself about anime music, called Anime Utahime (http://animeutahime.com), which is not exactly professional, but I'd say at least not garbage. :) I also am a semi-regular on a podcast about Japan in general, Dai-cast (http://www.tiltyhouse.com).

Anyway, I'm currently working full-time in retail for a year to save up money for going back to school. Hoping to get a Bachelor of Arts with a major in English or something related (possibly Film Studies) by the time I finish school. Ideally, I would like to use the bachelor's as a qualification for the JET program, but if that doesn't happen, I would love to go to the UK as well, as I've always loved British and Irish culture, history and entertainment.

I would put my top three anime as 1) Revolutionary Girl Utena, 2) Excel Saga, and 3) Paranoia Agent. Top three manga are 1) Claymore, 2) Ouran High School Host Club, and 3) Death Note until volume 7.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I would put my top three anime as 1) Revolutionary Girl Utena...
  • lol, I thought you'd like that. XD
    edited October 2010
    And fuck you too.
    Post edited by ... on