This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Podlinez

edited November 2006 in GeekNights
http://www.podlinez.com/index.php

Type in the URL off an RSS feed, then call a phone number to listen to a podcast.

Call +1 (408) 538 2192 to listen to GeekNights.

Comments

• Now this is original.
  • edited November 2006
    I just tried it. All I have to say is, Pwn. Seriously. If I didn't have my iPod, or say I was on vacation and couldn't update my podcasts because of lack of computer, I could totally just call this line to get my GeekNights fix every evening.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's not a 1-800 number, so I presume it's not toll-free? The main site (from the half a second skim I gave it) didn't say anything about cost; do long distance charges apply?
  • Podlinez is a free service that lets you listen to podcasts on your phone.
  • Free? Interesting I wonder how long it will remain so.
  • edited November 2006
    That the service is free does not mean the call is. If it is to a location outside your local service area, you can bet your ass that the phone company will charge you for long distance, even though the content provider does not.

You can also bet your bottom dollar, or your sweet bippy, if you prefer.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • That the service is free does not mean the call is. If it is to a location outside your local service area, you can bet your ass that the phone company will charge you for long distance, even though the content provider does not.

You can also bet your bottom dollar, or your sweet bippy, if you prefer.
    Thats why you call at night, on your cell phone, cause you get free minutes :D
  • Thats why you call at night, on your cell phone, cause you get free minutes :D
    Huh...true. Wouldn't work for me but someone will find that useful. Someone should test it and report back. :D

Anyone know why they are offering this service?

Also! LAWL, there's a podcast called "Open Source Sex" in the Most Popular section. XD
  • Or you get a calling plan that allows unlimited long distance calls from home. They really aren't that expensive.
  • Or, you get a cell phone. ^_~ I haven't had a land line since I graduated high school.
  • Maybe you should do this for your house. Here is to hoping that they will decide to make Skype free next year.
  • Here is to hoping that they will decide to make Skype free next year.
    Truly, I can not see that happening in the foreseeable future. One day...