This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Final Thoughts/Spoilers Episodes

RymRym
edited November 2006 in Anime
Typically, we review or preview a show and try to avoid spoilers, reserving our full opinions and analysis for a separate "final thoughts" episode. There's really no way to go about this without spoiling the entirety of a show, and we have to walk a fine line between expressing our views on a show and excluding the people who haven't yet seen it.

Thus, I ask you, what shows do you want to hear our final takes on?

Post your nominations, and I'll turn this into a poll when I feel it's appropriate. Bear in mind that I'll have to, at least for now, exclude any shows we haven't actually seen.

Comments

• Trigun, Utena, Eva, Fruits Basket, a giant robot show that isn't Gundam.
  • Trigun. I fell asleep during the last episode and I'd really like to know how it ended. XD
  • edited November 2006
    Death Note. Definitively.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Giant Robo
    Saint Seiya
    Fist of the North Star
    Utena
    Gunbuster
    Outlaw Star
    Ghost in the Shell
    FLCL
    G-Gundam :P
  • Giant Robo
    Saint Seiya
    Fist of the North Star
    Utena
    Gunbuster
    Outlaw Star
    Ghost in the Shell
    FLCL
    G-Gundam :P
    Amen, brother.
  • Trigun, Utena, and Death Note. Gogogo!
  • As long as when you do it you don't do that annoying thing some podcasts do and say "there are spoilers here so just fast forward to the next bit". Um...where is the next bit? What if I fast forward 5 minutes and get "OMG can you believe ____ died and was killed by ____!!! That was crazy!". So if it isn't too much trouble maybe insert in post at what time the spoiler bit ends so people can fast forward to the right spot. Although I don't know why they put spoilers in the middle anyway when they could just as easily put them at the end.

Sorry just my little rant about other podcasts, maybe I should rant at them.
  • We -always- handle spoilers with the "Spoiler Line." We'll never spoil anything in the course of a normal show. If spoilers are coming, we'll save them all until the line, at which point we'll say, very clearly and slowly, that the spoiler line is upon us, and that people who do not want anything ruined should stop listening. ^_~
  • Yeah, I know you guys do it, you are always very good with spoilers. Just having a little rant about the treatment of them in general. There is one in particular that always says 'just fast forward to the next bit', which is incredibly stupid and annoys me. But you guys do it right.
  • edited November 2006
    Death Note, Trigun (once I've seen it all), Evangelion. FLCL is a good choice too. Either you have an enormous amount of stuff to say about it or nothing at all...
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Giant Robo
    I second this.
  • Gundam SEED, Gundam Wing, Shamen King, Samurai Champloo, Trigun
  • Trigun and Death Note
  • death note, FLCL, ghost in the shell stand alone complex
  • Giant Robo and GitS:SAC
  • edited November 2006
    why isn't Utena on the poll? nevermind I'm just blind, for some reason it wasn't very apparant to me when I was voting, cause I would have voted for that rather than champloo
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I'm a little surprised Samurai Champloo is winning. As far as I can remember, I can't think of anything unresolved or controversial by the end...
  • I'm a little surprised Samurai Champloo is winning. As far as I can remember, I can't think of anything unresolved or controversial by the end...
    Well, I voted for it because it's the only one on the list I'd actually seen (almost) all the way through. I am trying to hunt down a copy of Trigun via my anime source (a dude with a freakin' wall of anime DVDs), so that would be my second choice.
    Well, I voted for it because it's the only one on the list I'd actually seen (almost) all the way through. I am trying to hunt down a copy of Trigun via my anime source (a dude with a freakin' wall of anime DVDs), so that would be my second choice.
    Try discountanimedvd.com The whole boxset series goes for only 30 bucks.
  • Is anyone else encountering an IMMENSE slowdown when voting on any poll? It takes like 5 minutes to come back, but it registers the vote. I encounter this slowdown only when voting on a poll, and it applies to all requests made to the forum (but not the public site) until the poll request is complete.
  • I hereby withdraw my vote from GitS and transfer it to Trigun. Me and my brother watched the series in 2 days over thanksgiving weekend, and GOT-DAMN.
  • I'd love to hear what you have to say about Eva, if only so I can have a platform to bitch about it.
  • I am quite interested in your opinion in Gundam Seed but I would be willing to settle for Trigun or Eva. I know what ever show you guys describe to talk about I'll listen but I will honour my vote for Gundam seed and keep hoping.
  • If there's one anime I'm sick of, it's Neon Genesis: Evangelion. Too many people judge it to be the end-all be-all of anime/mecha. Personally, I'd much prefer to hear some discussion of RahXephon, which may lack the originality of Eva, but it certainly does everything else much better.

That said, Gundam SEED needs some love. Sure, Destiny sucked impossible dong, but SEED was a blast. Spill forth the final thoughts!
  • I think you should do a final thought on Death Note. I just like hearing what people think of the last half. I don't think you should do a final thoughts show on Eva. It's a highly overrated show.
  • I think you guys should do a final thoughts on Watchmen. Maybe in the future, since the episode was just last week, but I think the work deserves it - and you guys obviously have a lot to say on it. Or at least it seemed that way from how often you had to check yourselves before revealing too much.
  • All right.  I'll mention it Wednesday night on the show, but we're going to do the first of these episodes soonish, so vote now if you have any care at all as to what we cover.
  • Your final thoughts on Gundam SEED and Eva would be nice.