This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 061113 - Hard Drives: Partitioning

RymRym
edited November 2006 in Technology
Tonight on GeekNights, we talk a bit about hard drive partitioning in what will become the latest in the series on "How Computers Work." In the news, Sun GPLs Java, and there's some trouble with counting votes.

Scott's Thing - Stupid Goal!
Rym's Thing - Kiwi!

Promo - Skepticality

Comments

• I really appreciate this help. I totally know this is in indirect help to my questions :P norly, thanks. I'm motivated to take the old dell and linuxify the dang thing.
  • edited November 2006
    As a soccer fan, that goal was lame. However, the goalie deserved it because he took too much time to kick the ball.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Whenever I ask some of my computer geek friends about this sort of thing they go into so much boring detail it puts me to sleep. But when you guys talk about it, not only do you make it sound interesting and informative, you put some humor into it to. *applauds*
  • Thank you for teaching me some things I didn't know.
  • edited November 2006
    I didn't know I was doing such a dangerous operation when I created a 20 gig partition to test the vista beta with partition magic.. luckily everything worked flawlessly for me O.o

edit:
    Great show btw, this was the first tech show in a while that was both relevant and interesting. However I have doubts you two can do ten more of them ;)
    Post edited by Kite on
  • I must be only person who wants you guys to get totally technical.
  • By the way, he was clearly off sides.
  • edited November 2006
    No, because the ball was still in game and there was a member of the other team before him. If the ball would have being between him and the goal keeper then it would have being outside.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Thanks guys, this episode was really informative!
  • I listened to it twice, and I am starting to understand.
  • I really appreciate the how computers work series, its really taught me a lot.
  • I found one of those cruel, heartless people who laughed at the Kiwi video.