This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The latest episode of South Park

Comments

• I am from New Jersey. I thought this episode was mostly funny as balls! I really think they should have made a joke about only 2 of the people on the show are from NJ. And the rest are from NY. Anyways (its a jersey thing) I think the planes crashing was ballsy as hell. I did not think it was funny and I feel it was in poor taste. Am I going to stop watching South Park or join a protest site or something of that nature? NO! That is why I watch South Park. To be shocked.
  • edited October 2010
    I actually found the episode a bit boring. I don't watch Jersey Shore, but that's because I choose not to. I'm well aware of the inane antics. That's probably why I was bored by this episode of SP. I just didn't find it at all intriguing; everything they did was kind of obvious. I like the SP episodes that have at least a little bit of punch to their message. "Jersey Shore is a terrible show" is kind of obvious already, and they didn't do anything clever with it.
    Agree. This was the first time ever that I didn't watch a SP episode all the way through.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • "Jersey Shore is a terrible show" is kind of obvious already, and they didn't do anything clever with it.
    I disagree. They called in Al Qaeda!
    Okay, okay, I concede that. I thought the airplane scene was good. However, was it good enough to justify the banality of the entire rest of the episode? I dunno. I'm definitely not going out of my way to watch that episode again.
  • I am from New Jersey.
    This explains a lot. :P
  • Let me make it clear that I understand that South Park is a show that pushes the boundaries, also do not take it seriously. It is a cartoon, it is fiction and it is just a Allah damn TV show. Yet I question the scene with the planes crashing. I think it may have been a bit TOO much. I think a G.I. Joe joke would have gone much better and been much funnier. They could have had the terrorists shoot at the Jersey people and then parachute out after they were shot back at.
  • One of the goals of South Park is to push the boundaries of what they are allowed to do.
  • edited October 2010
    I dunno.
    It totally was. Just for where Stan's dad puts flowers on Osama and hugs and kisses him.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I don't understand this strange hate of "The Jersey Shore." I haven't seen the show, but I assume it's about caricatures of guidos in Jersey. Why on earth do you care? It's not any more dumb than, say, the midget and ghost shows on Animal Planet.

Guidos are becoming the new Hipsters as the target of general societal rage.
    Yeah, watching it is like seeing the biggest Trainwreck ever. The biggest problem people have with it, is not just with the ridiculous popularity of it and the stars (The Situation and Snooki got insulted the most in the episode), but lots of people do believe it's a horrible representation of Italian-Americans and New Jersey (Even though half of the people in the series are from New York)

I thought it was hysterical. Like, classic South Park how they would do ANYTHING to make it funny and offensive. And it worked well with this. Plus, it was fun to see Kyle get some payback against Cartman, because he was talking even meaner to Kyle than normal. "You are the 3 Js! Jewish, Jersey, and Ginger!"
  • Stupid Canada. We never get South Park on time. I have to get mine from the Intertron every week, and even then I'm so far behind. The Jersey Shore episode sounded ridiculous and hilarious, and anything having to do with Nascar at basically any time makes me laugh.

As for the hate for Jersey Shore, watch it -- although, really, please don't. My sister's fascinated by it in a morbid way.... She loves watching these impossibly fake people behave like absolute jackasses. I think it's legalized, broadcasted torture.
  • Stupid Canada. We never get South Park on time. I have to get mine from the Intertron every week, and even then I'm so far behind.
    This place usually has them the day they come out.
  • The one thing I liked about this episode was that they drew Osama the same way they drew him for that episode where Cartman mistreated him in just the same manner as old Looney Tunes characters did to the Axis guys in cartoons that came out during the war. Those were the days. Back then, you still had Jersey people, but they weren't orange, weren't all tatooed up, and they didn't constantly were exercise-type clothing (there really WAS NO exercise type clothing - except for in a goddamn gymnasium, where it belonged, goddammit).
  • "It's like a taco inside a taco inside a Taco Bell inside a KFC INSIDE YOUR BRAIN!!!!!"
  • edited October 2010
    Thoughts of my dead wife sometimes manifest themselves as trains.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • "Did somebody order a pizza?"
    "No, nobody here. Maybe one of the guys who are trapped inside the dream."
    "Okay, I'm going in!"
  • Not now Stan. I'm going to go get me some sweet butterfly poon.
  • Young Mr. Mackey is like the most adorable thing ever.
  • That ending was epic. Inception would of been perfect of HE actually appeared in it. XP
  • So glad they brought back The Coon.
  • The Coon.
    Who is the Coon?
  • The Coon.
    Who is the Coon?
    Yeah! Who is the Coon?
  • I really loved how they managed to fit Clockwork Orange and Cthulhu into the same episode.

They could have been more vicious.
  • The Coon.
    Who is the Coon?
    Yeah! Who is the Coon?
    The Coon is a mysterious stranger, coming out of the darkest slums of the city to save the people of South Park!

(Also, it's Cartman's alter-ego superhero.)
  • The Coon is a mysterious stranger, coming out of the darkest slums of the city to save the people of South Park!

They were referencing the first Coon episode. I think they know :p
  • The Coon is a mysterious stranger, coming out of the darkest slums of the city to save the people of South Park!

They were referencing the first Coon episode. I think they know :p
    What he said :O
  • HOLY SHIT THE EXPLANATION
  • Totoro parody. Really. Did you catch it?
    Just caught it. Awesome.
    Just caught it. Awesome.
    So awesome.
  • Ahhhh, I need to stay out of this thread till I see it.