This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Launch games.

edited November 2006 in Video Games
Everyone is talking about which system you are getting this season. Some people are getting Wiis, some are in line for PS3 and some are taking the easy road to getting a 360. None of these consoles mean anything without the games. What games are you planning on picking up? Here's my list.

Wii
  • Zelda
  • Excite Truck
  • Trauma Center
  • Madden
  • Red Steel
  • Metal Slug

Comments

• What, no Pokemon game at launch?
  • Just wanted to throw this in.
    Every ego shooter game on the wii will apparently be 18+ in Germany. Now even for Germany that's unusual. So bad luck for the kids, because they take these ratings damn serious here.
  • I just got Trauma Center last night, Monkey Ball and Red Steel arrived for rent from Gamefly.com. I will be getting Zelda as soon as it comes in. :)
  • edited November 2006
    What, no Pokemon game at launch?
    I'm going to get Diamond or Pearl for DS, so it's cool.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Diamond and Pearl will be the break-out games for DS on-line play. When the Pokemon Battle Stadium game hits the Wii I will buy one (the Wii that is).

I do have a question, Is this Excite Truck game similar to the old Excite Bike?

PS: When Diamond/Pearl hit, I'll take any of you on with my Pokemon! you'll be crying, "Hey, he beat me down with those ten Pokemon!!!
  • I do have a question, Is this Excite Truck game similar to the old Excite Bike?
    Judge for yourself.
    PS: When Diamond/Pearl hit, I'll take any of you on with my Pokemon! you'll be crying, "Hey, hebeatme down with those tenPokemon!!!
    Well, considering that we will all start from scratch with new Pokemon, you better start crying. Remember, I have a job where I don't have to do anything all day. You can't compete with that kind of intense Pokemon training.
  • So is this how it's going to be for the next X generations of Nintendo platforms?

We've seen the DS dual-screen touch-games. We'll see the Wii's motion sensors. Is Nintendo's gimmick over the next decade going to be experimenting with input devices again? I'm curious to discover if/why/how it all works out with the Wii, because, let's face it, Game Glove wasn't that huge a success and Virtual Boy bombed.

So are we ready for the big controller-change-up? Everyone is already assuming it will dominate the Christmas game market, but so far I think we've all just succumbed to the marketing hype.
  • Well, considering that we will all start from scratch with new Pokemon, you better start crying. Remember, I have a job where I don't have to do anything all day. You can't compete with that kind of intense Pokemon training.
    I have a similar job... My job is analogous to the old "Maytag Repairman" commercials. I only work when things break!

I have also been studying hard on the proper raising of Pokemon! I gots the mad sk1lls home skillet! I know what vitamins to feed them and so on.

Also, you CAN bring Pokemon forward from the GBA games this time. You can only bring them forward 6 per day and you have to catch them again. They can not be moved back to the GBA though...

With any luck we will see a Wii version of Pokemon Box released.
  • Well, considering that we will all start from scratch with new Pokemon, you better start crying. Remember, I have a job where I don't have to do anything all day. You can't compete with that kind of intense Pokemon training.
    I have a similar job... My job is analogous to the old "Maytag Repairman" commercials. I only work when things break!
    I'm in college. Pwnd
  • Well, I'm screwed then. I don't have any GBA Pokemons. I only have Red and Silver, and I think I might have erased both of them. Nothing for me to bring forward. I hope that the Pokemon I want are all available in the new game. This better not be one of those things where there is no way to get a Dratini without bringing it forward from the old game. I better be able to catch them all with just Diamond/Pearl. I don't actually plan on catching them all, but there are a few of my favorites that I want to have. Like Borlax.
  • I'm in college. Pwnd
    Not quite, 'cause I'm getting PAID to do nothing all day!

Apreche, Yes some will not be available in the new games, mostly legendaries or "ticket" Pokemon. If it's a basic Pokemon from the GBA games I'll trade you one in Egg form or otherwise.

I also believe in training for certain levels of battle. No one wants to constantly battle against level 100 Pokemon, it can be far more challenging to build a team of level 10 Pokemon and see how you fare.
  • I haven't played since Red/Blue. Am I at a disadvantage cause they have changed the system too much?
  • I don't care about no ticket Pokemons. The Pokemon I am after are all my favorite basic Pokemon from the originals. I want to get stuff like Oddish, Dratini, Poliwag, Snorlax, Charmander, Magnemite, etc. I'll eventually evolve all of them over time, but I like to get them at the lowest level so I can evolve them myself. And I'm sure that I'll discover some new Pokemon that are also my favorites. I am at the same disadvantage of having to learn the new system.

OMG off-topic! What launch games will you get?
  • No,

The main change is better graphics and a few new types (i.e. Steel and Dark) as well as a bunch of new Pokemon.

I've written a few articles about Pokemon breeding on my blog but I need to write more.

You can also check serebeii.net (I know I spelled it wrong but there is a link in my "Link Blanket" on my blog.

This link will take you to the Pokemon stuff.

PS: I've noticed a forum bug where If I use the link button at the end of my post the forums pastes my entire message after my link is inserted...
  • edited November 2008
    For the Wii, Zelda, Trauma Center and Red Steel.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • I'm trying to make Red Steel look as awesome as possible to my friend, because it's the only reason possible that he will get a Wii come Christmas. Then I have two other friends who are also getting Wiis Wiies Wiises within the next month, as well as myself.

Speaking of being off-topic, what do you say to a person that says Nintendo games are immature?
  • Speaking of being off-topic, what do you say to a person that says Nintendo games are immature?
    Can't knock it if you haven't tried it.
  • I'm getting Red steel, Zelda and Monkey Ball at Launch. (well I already picked up my copies of Red Steel and Monkey Ball Hehe)