This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gearing up for Diamond and Pearl

edited November 2006 in Video Games
So as to stop the Wii thread from going off on a tangent...

There will be a ton of new Pokemon in the new DS games that are due out early next year. The Jap' versions are available but I have heard there may be issues with trading between them and American versions.

At this point I'm heavy into breeding Pokemon, I know it sounds geeky but I'm willing to breed them and trade them at the lowest level possible. I'll even trade them as an egg if you want the numbers to match.

If you have a particular request (not legendary) I can hook you up.

Comments

• Dude, I'm totally with you on gearing up for D/P.

I kinda need the starter pokemon from gold/silver because I don't want to buy a gamecube game purely for them X(.
  • I can hook you up with the starters. I can do it via mail if you want.

You can get the G/S starters in XD by beating the 100 trainers in the battle area. But... You can not change your squad during the 100 battles. It makes for a looooooong day.

I beat them last week while I was home sick and ended up taking a Totadile. He came with Bite, Hydro Cannon and two other moves.

You can also get the G/S starters in Emerald by completing your Pokedex.

Seriously, if you have a GBA chip with at least 100 pokemon in your 'dex I can use my copy of Pokemon box to transfer them over. If not you will need to provide three guys to trade out for them.
  • Wait, let me get this straight. There are some Pokemon that you won't be able to get in D/P unless you get them on the GameCube, transfer them to GBA and then to DS? That's not worth the effort.
  • Most Pokemon will be obtainable via D/P. The only ones that are likely to be unobtainable will be starter Pokemon and Pokemon that have only been available via a "ticket" event.

There will also be some that are only available on Diamond and some only available on Pearl.

So, a Pokemon such as "Mew" which is only available at Nintendo "Special Events" will not be catch-able in the wild on D/P.

The only "ticket-only" Pokemon that I am aware of are: Mew, Deoxsys, Celebi and Jirachi.

Jirachi is available if you have the Colosseum bonus disk and I think Celibi was available via the Jap' version of that disk.

I obtained my Mew(s) at an event at Toy's-R-Us stores last month. I had to trade for my Celebi and my Deoxsys I got in a "temporary" trade to fill up my pokedex.

Because you can trade from GBA to D/P I expect there to be some sort of cheat protection in place otherwise people will use their game sharks to make hacked Pokemon and move them forward for on-line play.

I'll probably set up something on my web server to facilitate on-line trading and battling after D/P come out.
  • I'll probably set up something on my web server to facilitate on-line trading and battling after D/P come out.
    You can't facilitate 10 Pokemons!
  • edited November 2006
    I can hook you up with the starters. I can do it via mail if you want.
    Just say what you need when the game comes out and we'll just Wifi it ova. Totodile gets Dragon Dance in D/P and some physical STAB water moves which makes it not bad at all.

I have Leaf Green and Ruby, a Jirachi and a Celebi (hax'd :( ), at the moment if you need anything over the WIFI. Although I really don't know what Action Replay'd pokemon do to the wifi. I think you should be able to trade over the exclusive items to get the event pokemon so they are legit.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • This is a pretty useless reply, but I am totally pumped for diamond and pearl.

Sexual delineation, HO!
  • edited November 2006
    ...I know it sounds geeky but I'm willing to breed them and trade them at...
    Wait. Have you forgotten who you are talking to here, bub?

Anyways, I loves teh Pokemon pokemans!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Sexual delineation, HO!
    DAMN STRAIGHT. I was so happy when I heard that. Going to get Diamond! The legendary on the Pearl box looks weird. They both look weird but that one in particular makes me go 'argh'. It had to happen sooner or later.

I lost my mew late one night when my game reset after the batteries went out. I checked again in the morning to make sure I hadn't just dreamt it. TEARS OF SAD. Never had any of the other exclusives.

Got to find a way to get the pokemon off my Gameboy (gold/silver) on to the DS. Suggestions? I'm reluctant to go get hold of a Gameboy Advance, cable and a Ruby/Sapphire cartridge just to get my old pokemon back.

/Pokenerd
  • You can't bring S/G/C Pokemon forward to the GBA games.
  • You can't bring S/G/C Pokemon forward to the GBA games.
    D: That's horrible! How could they do that? Argh! Bastards! No wonder no one bought Ruby/Sapphire (other suckiness aside)!
  • I got a copy of pokemon sapphire.
  • You are one of few.

Few in comparison to the other pokemon games anyway.
  • I was at the NWS yesterda getting my Wii. There were of course some Pokemon plushies there. I looked at some while waiting in line. The only one I recognized was Pikachu. The rest were obviously newer Pokemon, but they looked more like Digimon to me. I think my new plan is to catch and use only the original 150. I'll be an old school Pokemaster and prove that these newfangled so-called Pokemon are no good.
  • There is a problem with your plan... You will not have access to Dark and Steel type Pokemon.

If you prefer the old school Pokemon pick up a copy of Fire Red or Leaf Green. They are updated ports of the R/B/Y games with a little bit extra thrown in.

This weekend I finally beat the elite four in my Leaf Green Game after restarting it months ago. It was a pain as my team was only level 45 and the final guy had Pokemon close to level 60! I had to save and restart a lot before I was able to beat him with my low level team!

Now I need to find the Ruby and Sapphire in the game so I can trade with the other games.

Why? Because in Fire Red/Leaf Green you can but evolution stones in the store, you can't do that in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
  • I was at the NWS yesterda getting my Wii. There were of course some Pokemon plushies there. I looked at some while waiting in line. The only one I recognized was Pikachu. The rest were obviously newer Pokemon, but they looked more like Digimon to me. I think my new plan is to catch and use only the original 150. I'll be an old school Pokemaster and prove that these newfangled so-called Pokemon are no good.
    I'm with you.
  • There is a problem with your plan... You will not have access to Dark and Steel type Pokemon.
    Alright then. If it turns out I can't win due to lack of dark and steel Pokemon, I will get one of each. That's the only concession I will make.
  • Dark and Steel Pokemon were added in the C/S/G games.

Dark is super tough against psychic and Steel is great against normal.
  • I cannot wait!! I'm gonna get diamond since it's my birth stone lol
  • There is really no problem with losing Dark and Steel. Mostly because there were hardly any Pokemon that were pure Dark or Steel. Many Ghost were also part Dark and many Rock were also part Steel.
  • I'm looking forward to these new ones. I haven't played a Pokemon games since I haven't played one since Gold, so I've been a bit out of the loop so to speak.
  • I've never in my life so much as touched a Pokemon game. This will be an interesting experience. ^_~
  • Wait, Rym's never played Pokemon? 0_0*

The Jap' versions are available but I have heard there may be issues with trading between them and American versions.
    Uh, dude, I've always heard (from official sources, of course) that trading between the versions will ruin the games. Of course, I've never had the opportunity to trade cross-country, so did they manage to fix that or something?
  • I don't know if they fixed it or not... I only know that there are "issues." How severe those "issues" may be I do not know.

I do know there was an early problem with players having one Pokemon game in the DS slot and one in the GBA slot (on a DS) and saving games would save on one and wipe the other one out.

• Sexual delineation, HO!
    Hear, hear! I miss playing pokemon...haven't played it since the original gameboy games. I may have to wait for a used copy though.
  • I was recently cleaning my room and came across my copy of Pokemon Gold and Blue as well as my original GB and GBC. Not sure what I should do with the GBs... maybe a nice shadow box or something...