This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii consoles available at Walmart as of 3pm EST

edited November 2006 in Video Games
See the title... I had one in my cart... but no way I was buying the bundle for $650.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    $650??? what did it come with, solid gold Wii-motes???

Seriously. The base system is $250. what could add $450 to the price?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • You had to choose 8 games to go with it. The problem is that there weren't 8 that I wanted.
  • You mean there ARE 8 games for it?
  • You mean there ARE 8 games for it?
    There are about 20 launch titles for Wii, IIRC. Only about 5 of them are any good. Wii Sports doesn't count. Still, compared to launches of other systems, including the DS, it's fantastic. I remember when I bought the GameCube the only launch game worth buying was Luigi's Mansion. We all had to wait a week or two before Smash Bros. came out. I think they held back on Smash Bros. just to get people to buy Luigi's Mansion. With the Wii I'm going to have a pile of games, including a Zelda game, right from the start. That doesn't even include the Virtual Console. It's quite astonishing when you really think about it.
  • It helps that the cost of developing a major game for the Wii is between $5 and $8 million - whereas it's between $12 and $20 million for the PS3.
  • edited November 2008
    When I buy the Wii, I will get Zelda: Twilight Princess, considering Zelda is one of my favorite game series, Red Steel, Trauma Center, and Mario Galaxy.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Mario Galaxy
    Mario Galaxy won't be out until next year.
  • edited November 2008
    Oops.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on