This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bullet Dodging

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
I found this on Digg. This 6-year-old autistic girl can play this game without shooting, just dodging bullets. This video is incredible.

Click.

Comments

• Interesting, but I wish they had shown the girl or even just the hands on the controller or something.
  • edited November 2006
    Interesting, but I wish they had shown the girl or even just the hands on the controller or something.
    Yeah, they didn't show the girl, it could be a lie. She played Gradius III for less than a minute. There's no way she can beat that game without shooting the bosses. She wasn't in level 1, so some of the bosses had to be killed. Also, there are some undodgeable situations in that game unless you upgrade the speed of your ship. You have to shoot things to get upgrades. The ship in the video definitely had its speed upgraded. Let's see her do Ikaruga or some other really serious shooter, then we'll talk. Also, show the girl.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yeah, I guess it does seem kinda fishy...could very well be a computer playing.
  • edited November 2006
    I remember reading somewhere that it was a fake, that there were signs of using an emulator in slow motion.

edit: found it on kotaku, linky
    Post edited by Kite on
  • I had missed the frame rate counter in the corner of the screen.
  • XD I missed that too.