This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is your son a computer hacker?

edited December 2006 in Technology
Is your son a computer hacker?

"Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional."

ORLY?

Comments

• http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

"Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional."

Right.
    Satire ftw.
  • If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors. They may wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes.
    Heheheh.

Gotta love how it's all "Your son". Girls certainly wouldn't have more than a passing interest in these computer thingies. Heavens no.
  • edited December 2006
    Fuck these motherfuckers!

Sorry, I feel better now, anyway, this is some complete bull. What the hell, If your son asks to switch from AOL, he is trying to get rid of the content filter. No, AOL just sucks major balls! Oh my god, I just want to stab this person in the face!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say that the same person who wrote this, also wrote the wonderful article My children will not be attending college. If that doesn't show something about them, I don't know what does.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Ahaha. I read that like 3 years ago on some small-time website and it reminded me of myself partially :D
  • Oh sweet lord, I can't believe how many dumbasses don't understand satire. Look at all those replies that took this article seriously. It's obviously well-crafted tongue-in-cheek comedy.
  • Just look at the faq from the site (which has been dead for years I might add). The site is all satire.
  • I think we all know it's satire. :D But I still like to point out my favourite bits.