This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Thing of the day music.

edited December 2006 in GeekNights
I forgot to say earlier (being hung up on the work ethic stuff) that I liked the Thing of the Day music.

Comments

• Really? I made that as a joke while playing with feedback and generic 80s metal loops. ^_~
  • The melody really reminded me of the Zelda theme.
  • That's what I based it on ^_~
  • Really? I made that as a joke while playing with feedback and generic 80s metal loops. ^_~
    I like 80s music. That's when I was in college. ;)
  • I haven't listened to tonight's show yet (yay work!) but if it's the same as last night's I'd have to disagree. Not because I don't dig the music (because I do) but because I think a song as long as last night's throws off the rhythm of the show. Movies You Should See has the same problem. I feel like I either have to fast forward or wade through 11 years of music at the open and close. In both cases I like the song well enough but they're just too long for what they're being used for.
  • PS - You did that all yourself, Rym? What with the Zelda theme I figured it was another OCRemix.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2006
    Wow. I threw that tiny, crappy lick in just to have an excuse to mention how much time I'm wasting with the keyboard. I had no intention even for a second of using it as the regular ToTD music. ^_~

If you guys really want, I'll record the next time I'm doodling. =P
    Post edited by Rym on
  • You've been talking about it since forever ago. I think it's a great idea. Maybe make a handful of different riffs and you can have a poll on which one we like best.
  • You've been talking about it since forever ago. I think it's a great idea. Maybe make a handful of different riffs and you can have a poll on which one we like best.
    I think that's a great idea! I thought Rym had recorded that. He's much more talented on keyboard than he lets on.
  • Well I think you should keep it. Seems like it is one of those things that happened accidentally, but it just ends up catching on.
  • The thing of the day was the cheesiest piece of shit music I've heard in a long time...and I loved it.

Keep it, I swear.
  • I don't know. It was kinda cool to hear the Zelda music, but I like hearing more original music (at least original to me). Maybe that's just me.
  • Don't use it as the official Totd music. D: That'd make no sense and it's too long for it anyway.

Got to admit I thought it was a remix from somewhere or other. Yay, keyboard!