This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Starting a Manga collection.

2»

Comments

• Yeah, that's cool, I was just wondering why you'd put Crying Freeman on there (which, to me, is only good for comedic irony. Perhaps you could explain your stance ?) and not SE (which is much closer, in spirit, at least, to Lone Wolf And Cub, which is only thing by Koike I can enjoy in a non-ironic way).
    I mostly put it on there because I had just finished reading it recently, so it was fresh in my mind. It probably doesn't need to be on there.
  • edited May 2008
    Sorry for the topic resurrection. I was looking for good manga threads and came across this...

Anyways...I'd recommend:
    - Tekkonkinkreet (now that it's released in an all-in-one, it's really easy to go out and get)
    - Monster
    - Mushishi

Stuff I liked:
    - Bleach
    - Kenshin
    - Fullmetal Alchemist (way better than both Bleach and Kenshin, but I don't consider it a must own for anyone)

Yeah, I need to read moar.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Sorry for the topic resurrection. I was looking for good manga threads and came across this...
    This came up recently, and thread-resurrection was given Scrym's blessing. Better to consolidate discussion of a topic into one thread than split it all up into different threads.
  • Must own:
    - Death Note
    - Yotsuba&!
    - Black Lagoon (I think it will start to be released in the U.S. this fall)

Additional personal favorites
    - One Piece
    - Eyeshield 21
    - Genshiken
    - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (this series starts in the u.s. in Winter/Spring 09, so it's still a bit off)
    - Hikaru no Go
    - Azumanga Daioh
    - Planetes
  • I'm going to say Welcome the the NHK for a dark comedy with fucked up characters.

For some shojo I recommend Peach Girl for heavy drama and great art or Marmalade Boy for nice school drama comedy and cuteness.

My personal favorites:
    Genshiken! Fuck yeah!
    Samurai Executioner! Fuck yeah!
    Emma! Fuck yeah!
    Nana! Fuck Yeah!
    Mars! Fuck Yeah!
    I'Otaku! Fuck yeah!

Everything else I could say fuck yeah to or recommend are comics or mangaish comics.
  • America!
    Fuck yeah!
  • America!
    Fuck yeah!
    Freedom is the only way..