This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Digg Podcasts

edited December 2006 in GeekNights
Digg has a new section just for podcasts. It's pretty awesome. It lets you digg specific podcasts or individual episodes of podcasts. It lets you play the podcast in Digg and everything. Somehow I think this is the end for all those podcast directories like Odeo, Podcast Alley, Podcast Pickle, etc. If you're looking for GeekNights on there, you'll have to wait. I tried to submit it, but someone else already beat me to it. Apparently we have to wait for someone to approve the show before you can start Digging it.

Comments

• Yeah I tried to submit Geek Nights too but it had already been submitted, and I agree it does seem like this could kill other podcasting directories.
  • Start getting ready for the digg effect...hopefully XD
  • It's about gods-damned time. Podcast Pickle et al can die in a fire. The model of "force your listeners to vote for you every interval" is stupid, out-dated, and useless. I always lose a little respect for a podcast when they tell me to do that.

Digg will hopefully pwn the old guard.
  • About an hour ago I was trying over and over to submit my feed, but it protested that it was invalid. So I tried my Libsyn feed as opposed to my Feedburner feed, which didn't work either. Perhaps there are so many submissions that it's just too busy. I'll try again right now.
  • Yeah I tried to submit Geek Nights too but it had already been submitted, and I agree it does seem like this could kill other podcasting directories.
    That was me. ^_^
  • What a shock that Diggnation is at the top!
  • What a shock that Diggnation is at the top!
    Yeah, I know!! It's not like Digg is full of Diggnation fan-boys or anything...
  • It is now up! So commence the Digging!
  • Wait a minute... Whoever submitted this submitted the Monday feed only!
  • Where is the album art?
  • edited December 2006
    Wait a minute... Whoever submitted this submitted the Monday feed only!
    I submitted each one separately, so the others should be up soon.

-EDIT- There we go. They're all up.

PS. I also submitted the Penn Radio Podcast, for those who are interested.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited December 2006
    Wait a minute... Whoever submitted this submitted the Monday feed only!
    I submitted each one separately, so the others should be up soon.
    I must have found the first one as they were approving them!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I'm begining to wonder if this new Digg feature is a good thing.

Good:
    Free advertising/exposure

Bad:
    No reason for new listeners to go to your site or post in your forums as they can just post in the Digg comments.

• Bad:
    No reason for new listeners to go to your site or post in your forums as they can just post in the Digg comments.
    Solution: Integrate Digg podcasts with the new version of your podcast website. ;-)
  • I think it will be ok, since most podcasts have very little community support in their own sites. Now, even podcasts without forums can attract comments without having to put forth the effort of building and maintaining them.
  • Bad:
    I disagree, I mean if the podcast advertises its forum and site, much like Geek Night's does then people will go to it. It's really no different from finding a podcast on iTunes really. The comments are really only there for new listeners. I don't expect to see the kinds of discussions you see here, even when its related to just the show.
  • If anyone from the forums tries to make the comment section the new forum, I WILL DIGG YOU DOWN TO OBLIVION! :p