This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Digg User Names

2»

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Slightly different name for me: Matrix Prime matrixprime

*sigh* this will teach me to post to the forum while on the phone with an idiot from the sales dept.
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • Digg allows spaces in your name???

Man, It's taking me a loooong time to add all these new friends to my account!
  • Yeah, annoying Digg doesn't allow too many friend additions in a short period of time.
  • Please forgive me inactivity on Digg. I shall become active in it soon enough.
  • Digg allows spaces in your name???
    No, it doesn't. I just searched for him and there was nothing to be found until I took the space out.
  • I have the very original username of EsonLinji.
  • Cremlian ....
  • TROGDOR42...
  • mine is kuronukurosu
    yeah is lame but they did not allowed me to do chronocross
  • RichLatherX23 here. Someone already took RichLather, damn them...
  • Appropriately enough, mine is ninjaned.
  • Sonicdh; that is my Digg Name.
  • edited August 2008
    EDIT: I don't have mine anymore.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited August 2008
    (Pointless post)
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited February 2007
    Guevera.
    See, I'm different! Thread, I impart unto thee, vindication!
    Post edited by Hasbro on
  • I'm Leshhead over there, but I really only use it for podcasting
  • My username on digg is coldfirehunter.
  • "avalonknight" is mine.
  • don't want to post a blog, but I wish there were some little field in Digg where I could explain in a sentence or two why I dugg an article, so that my friends can see it. Does this feature exist? Am i an idiot for missing something obvious?
    Um, post a comment.

Wow, I seriously tried to digg that post up right then, Rym.
    Anyways, mine is the same as always, though it lies quite unused: YoshoKatana.
  • edited July 2007
    The reason I asked that is because I was looking for something that was less problematic that posting a comment.

I hate the commenting system, because unless your friends make a special effort to go looking, they won't see your comment. Ideally, I would be able to add a comment that would attach itself to the item on the friends page, or better yet, to the RSS.

If a friend diggs something, I want to see why they dugg it -- right away.

It's really not a stupid question. Honest.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • You could always use Tumblr (ie. mine jrtasel.tumblr.com). It allows you to link to your Digg account (and tons of other RSS feeds) and auto updates. Think of it as a "re"-blogging site. Then when the article you digg get linked over to your page, you can just go into the dashboard and click edit for that article. Tumblr automatically adds whatever the description of it is, but you can change it and make it your own. Just click "add description" and add or delete as much as you like.

You can also link any image, video, or any link or even your own posts if you feel like it. I hardly ever post any of my own thoughts but its nice to know i can if i want to.

Rym/Scott - Do you guys have a tumbr I can link over to? You can link it to your server (as a bunch of the "big names use" aka kevinrose.com) and just put your things of the days there. Then all the videos and images and such all would be in one place on your site.
  • You could always use Tumblr
    That sounds like something moving toward what Jason was after. I assume people could then subscribe to some RSS or other coming out of the Tumblr to get Jason's wisdom in something like real time?

It's still two steps. I like the idea of having some small number of characters (say 100) next to the "Digg this" where we could put a few words on why: "Boring", "Lame", "See URL XXX.YYY.ZZZ". I bet Digg figures the comments section serves for that, alas.

BTW, my Digg userid is "Cowdog". Big surprise.
  • Drex667 is mine
  • edited July 2007
    Yea there is a RSS feed from Tumblr (ie. My RSS feed). Never actually checked until you mentioned it. Another nice feature it has a "following/followed" feature that allows you in the dashboard part of it see what other tumbr users you're following posted in line with your own stuff. Then you can re-blog it on yours if you like and it automatically gives credit to whoever you re-bloged from.

But your right, would be nice if Digg implemented a tagging system for your own personal diggs.
    Post edited by Tasel on
  • I like the idea of having some small number of characters (say 100) next to the "Digg this" where we could put a few words on why: "Boring", "Lame", "See URL XXX.YYY.ZZZ".
    Yes -- that is EXACTLY what I want.
  • Mine's Blahshaw.