This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Looking for Fast and Free DVD Ripper.

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
I'm trying to rip subtitled anime off of an import DVD to convert to my iPod.

I tried Handbrake and it worked very fast, but for some reason could not grab the subtitles.

I am currently running DVDx from SourceForge and, while it is grabbing the subtitles, it is very, very slow.

Any suggestions for free and fast ripping software that works on Windows?

Comments

• The full version of Handbrake should work. It has a number of settings for which audio and subtitle tracks you want in the resulting movie. If you're using the stripped down version, however, I think all of that's been removed. Both are free so I'd recommend getting the full version.
  • edited December 2006
    Perhaps you should read my thread before you post? Or maybe I was just misunderstood?

I already tried Handbrake and, even though it said it was capturing the subtitles, on the final product they weren't there. Obviously the experimental Windows version has a few bugs.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Ah, I've worked with the Mac version and it's always worked with me. Sorry, I didn't even realize there was a Windows version out there it just sounded like you were using Instant Handbrake and just didn't specify. Sorry if I offended.