This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 061221 - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

RymRym
edited December 2006 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights, we dig through the forums for fun and profit. In the news, a very fat man is objectively very fat, and the Christmas Nintendo Wii Virtual Console lineup is revealed.
Scott's Thing - Army Pinata
Rym's Thing - Silent Wars

Shameless Plug - Digg GeekNights
Shameful Plug - Digg Fast Karate for the Gentleman

Comments

• XD Sounds like a great one, guys.
  • I have been saving this weeks and last weeks Geeknights eps so that I may stay entertained on my flight from Baltimore to Phoenix and back. As much as I have been wanting to listen...I must remain patient.
  • Big ups to Rym and Scott for the Irish shoutout! Anyone else out there Irish?
  • Fan Service!!! w00t!

Excellent podcast, terrific forum!
  • pronounced: Ka-i-ee

at least that how I pronounce it, and since I sorta came up with it so I think I get to choose that.
  • Big ups to Rym and Scott for the Irish shoutout! Anyone else out there Irish?
    Guinness Extra Stout is my favorite beer; is that close enough?
  • Why didn't you mention the flamming geek saga at least once? I'd think this would be the perfect time to talk about it.
  • We're saving him for a show a trolling. ^_~
  • edited December 2006
    Great show, I'm proud to be a 'punk kid who knows how to spell' in your forum!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I should also mention that I'm a little Irish, and tend to spend two nights a week in an Irish bar listening to live music with my friends. Also Smithwicks is better then Guinness.
  • You should have mentioned all of the "Are Rym and Scott Gay" threads that are on here!
  • Great show, I'm proud to be a 'punk kid who knows how to spell' in your forum!
    Same over here!
  • edited December 2006
    Great show, I'm proud to be a 'punk kid who knows how to spell' in your forum!
    Meh. I'm certainly a kid (14), but I don't think I'm "punk". If I am, feel free to say so.

As for the headphones vs. earbuds debate...

For most people, I understand that earbuds are for travel, and headphones are for home usage.

However, that's not the case with me (and a few other people I know). You see, any time I try to wear ANY kind of earbud, they either hurt my ear (not through hearing, I mean PHYSICALLY hurt my ear) after only five minutes of usage, or just fall right out (the isolation earbuds can't get a good vacuum going). I'm pretty sure this is all due to the layout of my ear.

Anyway, because earbuds don't work for me, I use good, sturdy, isolation headphones at home or on the go. I don't really care what anyone thinks of my appearance (I wear my Cthulhu hat over it, anyway). Of course (now that you mention it), I don't think the issue really needs a "debate" hanging around it. Oh well.

I don't really care what anyone thinks of my appearance (I wear my Cthulhu hat over it, anyway).

Okay, never mind. I've definitely got some "punk" in me, after all.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • This isn't really on topic, but I have watched a movie by the same name as as the title of this show, and for a second I thought that was the topic of this episode. The movie is pretty good, but I doubt anyone will be able to find it since it's a really old movie. Anyway, I'll let you all get back to on topic discussion.
  • This isn't really on topic, but I have watched amovieby the same name as as the title of this show, and for a second I thought that was the topic of this episode. The movie is pretty good, but I doubt anyone will be able to find it since it's a really old movie. Anyway, I'll let you all get back to on topic discussion.
    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum was originally a very famous play. The movie is an adaptation of said play. We named the episode after the play because we expected everyone would know it and realize it is humorous.
  • I really wish I could say that I'm a punk kid, but at 26 I have passed that mark and am in the realm of 'responsible adult'. But hey, I have money now so it's all good.
  • edited December 2006
    I'm only 12. I'm turning 13 January 6th. Probably half the people I know would consider me punk, but i'm more partial to geek.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited December 2006
    I'm only 12. I'm turning 13 January 6th. Probably half the people I know would consider me punk, but i'm more partial to geek.

Meh. I'm certainly a kid (14), but I don't think I'm "punk". If I am, feel free to say so.
    Thread on Geek Progression. You don't have to be so picky. Technically, I'm classified as Geek Teen(Age 15), but I decided to use the phrase Scrym used in the show.
    Post edited by Sail on

• Thread on Geek Progression.You don't have to be so picky. Technically, I'm classified as Geek Teen, but I decided to use the phrase Scrym used in the show.
    Following that guide, I'm definitely a geek teen. Teh w00t.
  • Geek teen seems to fit me the most, seeing as I dont party very much.....^_^
    You're 12, right? If so, you're a Geek Kid.
    You're 12, right? If so, you're a Geek Kid.
    Well in about 11 days, that'll change.
  • If your under 16, you fall under my category as "punk kid"...

::grumble grumble::

::grumble grumble::
    It's better than a punk kid who doesn't post in this forum.
  • *happily classless*
  • Until you have kids of your own you are a "punk kid"
  • I'm ancient enough now that anybody under 21 is still a punk kid. GET OFF MY LAWN!
    Heh, I only have 2 months to go...
  • Has this degenerated into an age contest? I turned 42 last week.