This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wish me luck.

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
I'm having minor surgery on my knee this morning. Wish me luck. Anyone have any surgical/medical stories they want to share?

Comments

• Good luck I had the tip of my left index finger removed because of a car accident by trying to protect my dog. I still have the last phalange, and it looks like a claw. The Doctor told me if I wanted local anesthesia but I asked for a total one, big mistake I was sick for 2 days. I wish you good luck and I hope you get better soon :D.
    If anyone ask me what happened with my finger. I just tell them that I used work for the Yakuza for a while and I took the punishment and at the last minute there was a shoot out but I still got lacerated, and they go , really? :P and then I tell them don't you know they cut the little finger first.
  • Good luck! mind if I ask what you are getting done?
  • I had an appendix surgery back in 02'. Good Luck!^_^
  • Break a leg!! Dammit, uh, Good luck!
    It was an arthroscopy, they thought I had torn my medial cartiledge but it turned out I hadn't. My knee cap had just shifted. Apparently the lack of cartelidge dammage means my recovery time will be less but right now it hurts a great deal.
    It was an arthroscopy, they thought I had torn my medial cartiledge but it turned out I hadn't. My knee cap had just shifted. Apparently the lack of cartelidge dammage means my recovery time will be less but right now it hurts a great deal.
    Ouch. Best of luck healing.
  • I got my left cheek bone broken and pushed into my head by an 8 lb shot put. After the swelling went down about a week later I had to get plastic surgery to put it back. They also had to remove some bone shrapnel from the nerve there.
  • My family has a history of bad knees, and I'm well on the road to following the tradition. Best of luck, as I'll likely be joining you in the coming decades. ^_~
  • My family has a history of bad knees, and I'm well on the road to following the tradition. Best of luck, as I'll likely be joining you in the coming decades. ^_~
    My advice would be to see a physio or a personal trainer and ask them for some exercises to strengthen the muscles that keep the knee cap in the right place. You'd only have to see them once to get the exercises but it would be worth it in the long run.
  • I asked because my girl friend has had both arthroscopic and ACL surgery done on her knee. The arthroscopic surgery was done to remove parts of her meniscus (a section of cartilage in the knee) that had started to deteriorate. The second arthroscopic was done at the same time as the ACL surgery and put her out of commission fro the whole summer. I think the arthroscopic surgery only took a few weeks to recover 85%.

Anyway, good luck with the recovery and make sure you keep up with you Physical Therapy, it really does help.

• Anyway, good luck with the recovery and make sure you keep up with you Physical Therapy, it really does help.
    Yeah, but it hurts.