This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

John Kerry: I eat alone

edited December 2006 in Politics
I need to share this

Digg Link

It seems John Kerry went to Iraq to see the soldiers and none of them wanted to see him!

Comments

• Oh mans. Pwned.
  • Where is the Front Row Digg bot crew? I think this might be in the process of being buried as it no longer chows up in cloud view. A search (with buried checked) shows it but there is no "buried" marker next to the title...

This image is going viral and the link I posted on Digg is the original source publication of the image. I'd like to see the source guy get the Digg credit before Digg gets bombarded by tons of dupes from bloggers scraping the content.

Help me out!
  • I dugg it when I saw the thread. I think our Digg bot's broken.
  • Umm... I don't Digg hate, it's my policy.

As an aside: I thought conservatives would show some respect for a decorated war veteran. I guess not.

• As an aside: I thought conservatives would show some respect for a decorated war veteran. I guess not.
    They do, when the decorations are earned.
  • They do, when the decorations are earned.
    Oh Not this SHIT again.
  • I feel bad for him, granted he's really robotic, but I mean someone should have sat with him.
  • Is John Kerry still relevant to anything? Why bother?
  • He's relevant to hilarity.

No, you're right. Poor sap.
  • Isn't he still a senator? They tend to be important people.
  • He's a senator only because no one ever runs against him.
  • I'll admit he is kinda wooden. Hopefully, someone from the other side of the aisle would admit in the same spirit of honesty that GWB is a vacuous, sociopathic frat boy with multiple Freudian mommy and daddy issues.

That off my chest, I'll also go so far as to agree that JK should have the sense to stay out of the spotlight so this type of thing doesn't happen. . .
  • edited December 2006
    As an aside: I thought conservatives would show some respect for a decorated war veteran. I guess not.
    Without saying where I stand on Kerry, this is certainly fair game for someone who has thrust himself into the public eye. If you're potentially running for president, you've got to expect this. It's just the way it is. And frankly, if he can't handle it, I'd rather not have him as my president.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Good point Kilarney.

If being snubbed by soldiers is the worst thing he has to deal with he can consider himself lucky!
  • edited December 2006
    Yeah - that's kinda my point. If he actually IS gonna run, he's an idiot. He should realize that the red state types and conservative pundits are gonna be out for his blood AGAIN and that he doesn't really have a very good chance. If he's not gonna run, he's just asking for it - like when I wore my "Wang Labs" in gym class during freshman year of high school.

He's got a great deal doing what he's doing now. He's set for life, in fact. He could retire tomorrow and be better off than 99% of us. I don't understand why he can't be happy with that.

Is the extra level of power really so seductive that you'd put up with all the BS inherent in gaining it?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Is the extra level of power really so seductive that you'd put up with all the BS inherent in gaining?
    I agree. You have to be either a complete idiot or a suffering hero to want to lead the free world. Name a president in the last 50 years who wasn't attacked, besmirched, ridiculed, belittled, shot, impeached, or at the very least the subject of disrepute by at least a third of the U.S. population. Look at pictures of Clinton and Bush before taking office and after leaving it (or being declared a de facto lame duck). It's not a great job. It destroys your life and your reputation. It siphons the life right after you. When Clinton left office, he looked like a corpse.
  • Something about this story didn't sit right with me. Now I know what that was.

He was meeting with some reporters at a private table. I know this disrupts the narrative that the troops hate him, but we have the fact that he's wooden and can't deliver a joke without sounding like a total idiot. Isn't that enough?
  • RymRym
    edited January 2007
    PWN3D and buried as inaccurate ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I suspected this from the beginning. Of course I wouldn't be so quick to accept the New York Time's version as unbiased, but nonetheless I figured this had to be taken out of context.
  • The debunking was previously debunked.... Is this some "new" debunking?

When you say "The New York Times" you lose all credibility with me.
  • Wait a minute...

An "off the record" meeting with reporters? Is this guy really that stupid? No meeting with a reporter is ever "off the record" !!!
  • Wow. Right. It still looks quite amusing, you must admit.
  • There is no such thing as a record. It's a myth perpetuated by movies. Reporters don't waste their time talking to someone unless they get a story out of it.
  • When you say "The New York Times" you lose all credibility with me.
    Yeah, I'm not a reader of newspapers, but I'm pretty sure the New York Times can be trusted most of the time. Sure, it's not perfect. They had that incident with the plagiarism guy and such. However, if you look at the other major newspapers in New York, the Times is infinitely more reputable than all of the competition. As far as newspapers go, the NYT is as good as it gets.
  • I've talked with reporters "off the record." Jason is right - there really is no such thing. What there was, in my case, was a good working relationship. The reporter knew that if he burned me, he'd lose countless future stories.
  • The Times problems are not as simple as plagiarism or fabricating stories... Anyone remember Jason Blair who made up stories and never even left his apartment?

The big problem the Times has is that they have become so big and self-important that they end up doing the same thing when a scandal occurs as those in government they purport to keep in check! There have been numerous stories printed by the Times that either received a retraction hidden somewhere in the middle of the paper or no retraction at all!

The one good thing I can say about the Times is that you know they are left of center and they make no attempt to hide that fact.

If one of their reporters stumbled onto a scene of George Bush and Obama doing drugs it would be reported in a way to suggest it was all Bush's fault and he was simply trying to corrupt Obama...

The Times has become blinded to right and wrong and instead pursues a policy of "all problems are caused by Bush being in the white House." With the House and the Senate now in Democrat hands I'm very curious to see how the major media players will be spinning government failures in the coming two years.
  • I think I'd totally be willing to believe that Kerry would rather eat breakfast with reporters than with soldiers.
  • I think I'd totally be willing to believe that Kerry would rather eat breakfast with reporters than with soldiers.
    I believe that too.
  • The Times problems are not as simple as plagiarism or fabricating stories... Anyone remember Jason Blairwho made up stories and never even left his apartment?
    Isn't your example the same thing you just said it was not....
  • The Times problems are not as simple as plagiarism or fabricating stories... Anyone remember Jason Blairwho made up stories and never even left his apartment?
    Isn't your example the same thing you just said it was not....
    The Jason Blair line was meant to prove the previous sentences' statement