This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

D&D Game Needs Players

I'm not sure if this kind of post is kosher, but I thought I'd try anyway. Rym, Scott, feel free to delete the post if it's not OK.

My friend Dallas, a guy I play D&D with in the real world, is starting a play-by-post game, and we need players. There are already a few of us signed up, but we need a couple more. I'm asking here first because I know most of you are 1. very intelligent, 2. have an excellent command of the English language, and 3. are enormous geeks, and thus D&D players ^_~

Anyway, It's early days at the moment, the setting hasn't been developed much as yet, and it's very much up to the participants to define the world. If you have any interest in this game, send your emails to dallas.matier@gmail.com, or reply to this post if you have any general questions. I guarantee it will be fun - my friend has run some twisted, amazing games in the past, and I'm sure this one won't be any different.

Comments

• Sounds cool, do you know how it would work mechanically wise?
  • I've played in a couple of these types of games, and while it's the GM's call, I'd say players would need to send an email to the group (we are using Google Groups) every day or two with what you want your character to do. Is that what you were asking?
  • If I were more learned in D&D, I'd be up for it, but I have only played once IRL. Let me know next time.
  • I've never had a PBEM experience last...
  • If I were more learned in D&D;, I'd be up for it, but I have only played once IRL. Let me know next time.
    Enthusiasm and commitment are more important than experience. Email the GM if you're interested - we all have to start somewhere!
    I've never had a PBEM experience last...
    Well, the last game I played in (which involved three of the people in this current game) lasted for three years, 2002-2004. While it's too early to say that this one will be a roaring success, it has some good people behind it.
  • I assume you will be playing 3rd edition. How much would work is it to get up to speed with the newer rules if I am familiar with 2nd edition?
  • Yes, it is third edition. There are some fundamental differences between the versions, but with the pace these sorts of games run at, you wouldn't be left behind, and the other players are very supportive of new people. Do you have access to the Players Handbook? If not, there are ways to, ah, "acquire" a copy, if necessary.
  • Well I've been looking for an excuse to buy a copy; and this might be it.
    Do you know when you'll be starting and how often you will be playing (how often to email my actions)?
  • We'll be starting soon, though we're only just beginning to discuss character ideas. Go here and apply for membership. BTW, the rules we're using are the updated 3.5 version of D&D.

Anyway, we're still looking for one or two more players. If anyone else is curious, hit the link above and also apply for membership, ask some questions, and if it's not your bag, no harm done. Also, if you want a Gmail invite (because we plan to use Google Talk\Chat for combats), you need only ask.
  • There's still time for one more player to join. If you're even slightly interested, go to the Google Groups page and apply for membership.