This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Newegg Wishlist Time

edited December 2006 in Technology
It's been a few months, and I got bored again. Here it is. Did I forget any parts? This is a pretty awesome computer for just over a grand. If you compare it to the last one I made, it is cheaper and faster. This thing can probably play HL2 at 1280x1024 without going under 60fps. If you turn on AA and AF it will probably stay above 40. Even if you aren't gaming, the 500 gig RAID, the dual core CPU, the and the 2 gigs of ram will come in handy. The motherboard is extremely Linux compatible. This computer will also be a joy to put together. No ribbon cables and modular PSU.

If someone gave me money right now, I'd be tempted to just buy it. Despite that, I think I'm still going to wait for Portal, TF2 and HL2:E2. By then the same exact computer will be even cheaper. I will also be able to get an even better video card for the same money. The video card is clearly the only bottleneck for this thing when it comes to gaming.

Comments