This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How to send files to Mac user

edited December 2006 in Technology
I'd like to burn some avi files to a CD for a friend of mine. The problem is that I own a PC and he owns a Mac. Is there a way I can do this so he can read the files on the CD?

Thanks!

Comments

• Depends on the compression codec, but since I'm assuming this is a movie you pirated from the Internets (Snakes on a Plane DVD rip, anyone?) it's probably DivX or XviD.

DivX for Mac
    XviD for Mac
  • Or just create a standard DVD, if you have a DVD burner. That would almost guarantee compatibility.
  • edited December 2006
    Nope - no DVD burner. It's DIVX - and believe it or not, it's not a pirated movie.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the above links are so the Mac user can play the files on his Mac.

My problem is that I'm assuming that his Mac won't be able to read a CD that I burn using a PC. The CD would be a data CD with the avi file on it. Am I incorrect?
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • No, you're right. The Mac is better at reading Windows file systems then the reverse, so if you burn it, he should be able to read it.
  • Awesome, thanks!
  • edited December 2006
    Most CD burning programs now a days only burn data CD's in CDFS ISO 9660 format, which is both Mac and Windows compatible.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • General rule:
    PC--->Mac good
    Mac--->PC bad