This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PC/Console/Handheld: What's Everyone Playing Right Now?

edited January 2007 in Video Games
PC: AOE III, Call of Duty (all of them)
Console: Guitar Hero II
DS: Still messing with Advance Wars DS (beat the campaign, still have the skirmish maps).

Someday, my Wii will come...

Comments

• I'm behind the curve on this stuff (by choice. It's cheaper that way)

Console: Gran Turismo (3)
    Handheld: "Co playing" Pokemon Leafgreen with my son. He plays, I advise a bit, and give hints when he is up against a wall (he's six)
    PS: Nothing right now, I wanna find an RTS and/or a turn-based Civ-like game to try

Cheers,

Hank
  • PC gaming: I like to play the game known as Digg It's a real cool RTS!
    Console: Wii Sports, soon to be Excite Truck and Wario-ware.
    Hand Held: Contact for DS, though on January 20 I will be breaking out Pokemon Ranger again for the Manaphy egg mission!
  • PC: Railroads!
    Console: WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Excite Truck
    DS: Phoenix Wright: And Justice for All
  • PC: I was playing a lot of those Flash tower defense games based on the ElementTD from Warcraft 3. I think I beat them all, and most of them sucked. I'm still waiting for someone to make that that is super awesome. I might have to do it myself. I suspect my PC gaming will remain in a lull until the Valve releases and a new computer purchase later this year.

Console: Right now all console action is going to the Wii. Besides Mario and Ice Hockey getting occasional playtime, Excite Truck is the current winner. That's mostly because I've already beaten Zelda and Trauma Center. Right now I'm trying to get all S ranks in Super Excite. I will become Excite Truck god. Of course, Excite Truck will take a back seat once Wario War is delivered.

DS/GBA: Currently I'm in a bit of portable turmoil. Months ago I started playing Fire Emblem 2, but I stopped. I was having fun, so I don't know why I didn't keep playing. I picked up Princess Peach from Rym a few weeks ago, but I stopped playing after a few worlds. I also bought Super Robot Wars OG, but I didn't start playing it until today. It's not so great, I don't think I'm going to finish it or play any more games in the series without some serious persuasion. Right now I think I'm going to just wait for Phoenix Wright to come in the mail from Amazon. That should get me back in the DS habit. After that I'll be gunning for Hotel Dusk and Diddy Kong Racing. When I'm done with all those games, I think I'll be back in the handheld groove and I'll be able to beat all these games I've been lagging on. Maybe one day I'll also get all the big coins in New Super Mario Bros. and finally finish the second half of Golden Sun 2. One day.
  • right now I'm playing:
    PS2: Dragon Quest 8 and Fifa World Cup 2006
    XBox: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Collin Mcrae Rally 2004
    I'm very far behind the times, hardly ever get games when they're new, and I just got my friend's Xbox so I'm catching up on those
  • Since Christmas I've defeated Marvel Ultimate Alliance (twice), God of War, and I'm almost through LEGO Star Wars. I've also been playing too much Knight Online.
  • PC: none
    Console:Devil May Cry 1 and 3 Special Edition, Guitar Hero 2
    Portable: Metriod Prime Hunters and Animal Crossing: WW
  • PC: Half-Life 2 mods.
    Console: Wii: LoZ: TP, Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Portable: MP:Hunters for the DS, Tetris for the original GameBoy.
  • PC: I hardly ever play one game on the PC extensively. I'm playing my way through GTA:SA, Stronghold 2, Medieval:Total War 2, Mount&Blade and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. I can't really play any of them for more than about 15 minutes at a time, so they're all still somewhat fresh and interesting. Finished Dreamfall:The Longest Journey recently, quite good, highly recommended, particularly for Australians, as the exchange rate with the US makes buying it online for download reasonably cheap - about $50AUD. Aside from those, plenty of flash games.

Wii: My interest in Zelda fell away dramatically a couple of weeks ago. I'll pick it up again one day soon.

DS: Animal Crossing: Wild World has taken my fancy again. Most of the fun comes from negotiating trades on the GameFAQs forum without becoming a victim of hackers/griefers. My character's Bell balance is almost 20 million, at this point it's more than I could spend, but it's still fun to make money.
  • For now, I am only gaming on my DS.

DS: Hiite Utaeru: Guitar M-06, Oekaki Puzzle: Gaogaigar, Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore, Jump Ultimate Stars (Smash-Style Gameplay with awesome variation, regardless of the characters), Bleach DS (Guilty Gear Style Gameplay with awesome balance and speed, regardless of the characters/franchise), and lots more...
  • edited January 2007
    Jump Ultimate Stars
    Dammit, I keep forgetting to import that sucker. Thanks for reminding me.

BTW, anyone try Rocket Slime? I'm thinking about getting it, but I want a second opinion.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Jump Ultimate Stars
    Dammit, I keep forgetting to import that sucker. Thanks for reminding me.

BTW, anyone try Rocket Slime? I'm thinking about getting it, but I want a second opinion.
    I watched someone play it a bit. It looks fun and cute. I'm going to get it when it's cheap.
  • PC: Defcon, Goldeneye:Source, Battlefield 2142, Company of Heroes, maybe some Morrowind action soon, who knows.
    Console: Still waiting to get a Wii...
    DS: Mostly Tetris during travel or waiting for class to start
  • I have the first Jump Superstars game and I really enjoy it. It's not particularly challenging but its fun none the less. I really should pick up Ultimate... maybe at Katsucon.
  • PC: Football manager 07, Pro Evolution soccer 6, Counterstrike:Source
    Wii: Nearly completed Zelda, but stopped playing because of Wario Ware
    DS: Haven't been playing...
  • PS2: Shadow of the Colossus, Guitar Hero 2 and Final Fantasy XII
  • PC: Civilization IV and Diner Dash (shut up its fun)
    Wii: Rayman Raving Rabbits
    DS: Phoenix Wright that I bought on eBay, cause it isn't out here. It cost me US$15, tres happy. If anyone else in Aus wants to play it when I'm done I can post it to you if you promise to return it.
  • PC: Minesweeper
    Wii: Wii Sports
    DS: Animal Crossing
    PSP: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. Got-damn, it's fucking hard!
  • DS: Phoenix Wright that I bought on eBay, cause it isn't out here. It cost me US$15, tres happy. If anyone else in Aus wants to play it when I'm done I can post it to you if you promise to return it.
    $15 US with shipping? That's awesome. Also, I so might be up for that postage thing if you think you can trust me! :D
  • Email me tuttle88@gmail.com, we'll sort something out.