This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii-mote Problem

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
All of a sudden my Wii-motes stopped working. They just blink all four lights.

I have been trying to re-sync them but nothing seems to work.

Anyone?

Comments

• Is your Wii plugged in?

and if so then call Nintendo... 'cause I got nothing.
  • I made it home (I'm working today but I travel) and I had to unplug the Wii and let it sit for a minute. When I plugged it back in everything worked fine.

When you turn off the Wii it is not really off, you have to unplug it to turn it all the way off.

I'm glad that's over with... Talking to a 7 yr old over the phone and trying to tell her how to fix the Wii is just asking for a headache!

PS: When are you folks going to start sending those Miis my way? My parade field is empty!
  • PS: When are you folks going to start sending those Miis my way? My parade field is empty!
    You don't "send" the Miis. Well, you can send Miis manually, but then you will see them hop into your normal Mii area. Parade Miis are enabled by traveling and mingling. If you and another person have each other added to the Wii address book and you have travelling turned on, then any mingling Miis will show up in the other person's parade eventually. It definitely works because our parade has 90 Miis in it. It's all about patience.

Oh yeah, and you could have found out this information by reading the manual.
  • I know how the mingle function works! I did read the manual, I've read it multiple times. I'm just waiting for the "other end" to register me in the address book. BOTH people do need to register each other, right?
  • I know how the mingle function works! I did read the manual, I've read it multiple times. I'm just waiting for the "other end" to register me in the address book. BOTH people do need to register each other, right?
    Yep. I've added everyone in this thread and a few more.
    Barely anybody on the "other end" has added me *hint*, and my mii parade is has 2 miis in it.
  • I have added everyone and my first mii came over a little while ago... It was Rym! He plays good as an outfielder.
  • I've added everyone. I really don't see the point of adding your code to the list unless you intend to add everyone else on that list. Most people have added me, but those who haven't... you know who you are. To everyone who has: you are awesome.
  • I've added everyone too, but only four have returned the favor thus far...
  • It may be the batteries, the wiimote eats batteries like a battery eating thing.
  • How do we know if someone has registered us?
  • How do we know if someone has registered us?
    Their name will be black instead of gray in the address book. You will also be able to send them mail and such.
  • Since your "Wii-mail" address is just your Wii code I wonder if someone will be able to exploit that and start spamming Wiis? I tend to doubt it because I believe the contact must be initiated from the Wii to an outside email address for registration purposes.
  • Since your "Wii-mail" address is just your Wii code I wonder if someone will be able to exploit that and start spamming Wiis? I tend to doubt it because I believe the contact must be initiated from the Wii to an outside email address for registration purposes.
    That is correct. You can not send e-mail to a Wii unless that Wii sends e-mail to you first.