This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii Excite Truck

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
I'm loving the single player mode for this game but... The side-by-side split screen in multiplayer just does not work for me. I realize there is a lot of "air" use in the game but I'm so used to scanning left and right when driving that the split screen bugs me.

Also, I had the same problem Rym and Scott did where the first one over the finish line loses on points!

Comments

• Yes, the multiplayer Excite Truck is kind of crummy. But the single-player is great. Just keep trying to get more S ranks.
  • I have not got this game yet, but I think I will. I like driving games but I suck at them because I'm always crashing into things. This sounds like I could kick arse at it. I'm going to keep looking in 2nd hand stores and eBay. I got Rayman Raving Rabbits for $50 'cause someone returned it to GameTraders. They should have sold it on eBay, only suckers trade games in.
  • edited January 2007
    Yes I have Excite Truck. Wish they did a better job for 2 player. Very sluggish.

Overall, Single player is great. The custom music is a big bonus.
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on
  • Yeah the custom music is real nice. I have it playing music from Initial D. Now thats racing music.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah the custom music is real nice. I have it playing music from Initial D. Now thats racing music.
    Me too. I totally didn't even use the custom music feature when I first got it. I didn't even remember it and mention it during the show. It wasn't until a few days ago Alex reminded me of it, so I put some eurobeat on the SD card.

By the way, yesterday I finally got all S ranks in Super Excite. I've almost beaten the whole thing. Watch out!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • What are using to get the stuff on an SD card? Do you have an SD port on your computer?
  • My laptop has an SD port on it so I just used that.
  • This very day I bought an SD card reader that looks and acts just like a thumbdrive. It's essentially an upgradable thumbdrive. Quite impressive.
  • Has anything come out about the USB ports on the back of the Wii? I've got a 1GB thumb drive headed my way...
  • Has anything come out about the USB ports on the back of the Wii? I've got a 1GB thumb drive headed my way...
    I've heard, though not tested, that if you don't put an SD card in the Wii, then it will detect and use a thumb drive if plugged into the USB port. The only other thing that currently uses USB is the wired ethernet adapter.
  • Hmmm... I will have to try that out tonight!

I wonder how soon we will see a PC-based software package that will allow you to edit save game data on your Wii-SD card? I also have to wonder how much companies are paying to put the "Wii" on their SD card packaging!
  • My custom soundtracks consists of Initial D, 90s house music (Haddaway, Crystal Waters, La Bouche) Tunak Tunak Tun, and tunes by me and my co worker, Kristine Sa.
  • No dice on the USB stick.