This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii Sports

edited January 2007 in Everything Else
I don't care if this is just a demo or filler game, I like it. I play it more than Excite Truck!

Tennis: I'm not much of a tennis player as it is but I have encountered one problem with this game. Sometimes, if I do not swing the wii-mote with enough force, the game will not register a swing.

Golf: I have fun with this one and I even managed to get par on one of the holes. There is not much variety in the clubs you can choose but, it's not meant to be a PGA game. Which begs the next question... Will there be a Mario "mini-golf" Party type game put out for the Wii?

Bowling: Hands down the best game in Wii Sports. I could play this game all night and not get bored with it. My daughter has some trouble with it because she can't seem to swing the wii-mote without turning it in her arm.

Baseball: Eh... You hit the ball or you throw the ball. doesn't do much for me.

Boxing: Until I played this game I did not realize that the nunchuk also has a motion sensor in it. The first game I played I only jabbed with the wii-mote. Then I read the manual. My second match I knock the guy out in about 30 seconds by landing a vicious series of left-right-left jabs. After that they started throwing tougher opponents at me.

One problem I did discover though is that the cable on the nunchuk is too short for my arms.

I'm still experimenting with boxing and I have not tried it in two-player mode yet. For some reason the idea of beating the crap out of my daughter or wife's avatars just does not appeal to me...

The fitness test is also fun. I have gone from age 67 on my first try to age 40 on my second.

Comments

• Baseball is a lot better when you play against someone else, not just the computer.

If you need some avatars to beat the crap out of, head on over here. There are some really good Mii look-alike tutorials.
  • Baseball is a lot better when you play against someone else, not just the computer.
    I don't like baseball but then I don't like baseball so I have little patience for it.

I like the fitness age thing, one day I got down to 26, I was so happy, then the next day it was 75. Ouch.
  • Yeah, I got down to 27 one day, due mainly to consecutive days of tennis and baseball, and then back into the thirties soon after due to a string of days where the bowling variants were the most frequent. Bowling is my kryptonite.
  • I'm gonna try the Wii Sports-diet thing.