This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Netflix Watch It Now

Comments

• Watch The Next Generation. It's so high quality.
  • edited May 2011
    Deep Space Nine. Sisko and Quark FTW.

EDIT: But definitely TNG if you want an Enterprise/starship-centered show.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I will be undertaking DS9 in its entirety.
  • I don't think I've seen much of DS9, that must be remedied this summer. TNG I've been making my way through, Voyager I've seen a good chunk of. No matter, all of Star Trek will be watched.
  • I will be undertaking DS9 in its entirety.
    and all it cost was the life of one romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one starfleet officer. I don’t know about you, but I’d call that a bargain.
  • All of star trek on netflix?
    My dad and I simul-squeed.
  • Deep Space Nine. Sisko and Quark FTW.
    What? No Garrak? No Odo? Come onnnn.
    I will be undertaking DS9 in its entirety.
    I think we're going to need a DS9 thread now. :) It is definitely the best of the Star Treks.
  • Basically, watch everything except Voyager.
  • Basically, watch everything except Voyager.
    Hey, I liked voyager. The Doctor is one of my favorite characters.
  • Sure, the Doctor is fantastic, and Seven is a pretty good character. Unfortunately, the rest of the crew is variously evil, incompetent and stupid while being portrayed as morally right, awesome in all ways and intelligent, and most every episode features them facing off against stupid enemies in silly plots they resolve with pure technobabble. The stuff that drags down the lesser episodes of other Star Treks are the features that Voyager builds most of it's episodes on.
  • Man, fuck Voyager. After "Threshold," I have no son.
  • Watch Hikaru No Go.
    I guess you could say you... "Reached your threshold"...
  • So..... Netflix has Medea Goes to Prison suggested as an emotional movie...WTF?
  • edited May 2011
    I'm watching Slayers right now for the first time! It's funny!

I'm also watching another anime, which I may recommend once I'm done. But as for it's name...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So Im watching Dante's Inferno. It is a modern retelling using paper puppets. Its pretty good and very funny. Virgil says, "We are crossing the river Styx". Dante replies, "I love Styx!!! You ever hear their Paradise Theater album?"
  • Sure, the Doctor is fantastic, and Seven is a pretty good character. Unfortunately, the rest of the crew is variously evil, incompetent and stupid while being portrayed as morally right, awesome in all ways and intelligent, and most every episode features them facing off against stupid enemies in silly plots they resolve with pure technobabble. The stuff that drags down the lesser episodes of other Star Treks are the features that Voyager builds most of it's episodes on.
    Perhaps it's just me, but it seemed like I hated every Star Trek series once it came out. After a few years, (more with some), I would give in and watch a few episodes and decide it's pretty good. I've decided it is due to the first 1 - 2 seasons being political/moral statements at the forefront: A minority in charge, racism issues, sexist issues, domination issues, ect. Then the show has developed the characters and starts to focus more on an overall story line. It feels like I can only appreciate the first few seasons after I've finished the entire series. So now, I think I like all of the series with the exception of Star Trek Enterprise. I still have not seen more than 2 episodes.
  • edited May 2011
    So..... Netflix has Medea Goes to Prison suggested as an emotional movie...WTF?
    I love Netflix's suggestions and categories. Right now it's telling me I'd like "Beakman's World" because I enjoyed "Ponyo" and "My Neighbor Totoro." And "The Tick" in part because I enjoyed "Seven Samurai."

But my favorites are the auto-generated categories that show up streaming to the Wii or PS3, which I can't see on the web. Things like "Dark cerebral comedies based on a book." Given how much schlock I've been watching lately, I keep waiting for it to spontaneously generate "Movies that Suck" or "Craptastic."

Edit: Oh wait, I can see them! Right now among the categories is "Critically-acclaimed Visually-striking Cerebral Movies."
    Post edited by jtvh on
  • What does it call them?
  • Going to see if I can watch Happy Gilmore, Ninja Scroll, and Rumble in the Bronx today before they all expire from Netflix Streaming.
  • Today is June 2nd and I am not seeing any Star Trek series available for streaming. I am much saddened.

Did they only mean the recent movie?
  • The recent movie has been on streaming for awhile now.
  • I could have sworn I saw an AV Club newswire on that, but I can't find that now. I did find this article that says TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Enterpise will be coming on July 1st and DS9 will be coming October 1st.
  • Saving the best for last.
  • Blade Runner is listed here as "Action Sci-Fi." Is it really?
  • Blade Runner is listed here as "Action Sci-Fi." Is it really?
    Yes.