This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Netflix Watch It Now

Comments

• It is actually better. It now offers suggestions of "movies like this one"
    They had that before.

My only complaint is just the starting of episodes when you click on the show instead of letting you select an episode. I often go on to pick a random South Park episode or something to play and now it's more inconvenient.
    They had that before.

My only complaint is just the starting of episodes when you click on the show instead of letting you select an episode. I often go on to pick a random South Park episode or something to play and now it's more inconvenient.
    They had it for movie you had already seen... You could not scroll over a movie and it suggest other movies that are like it.
  • I've messed around with it and it seems pretty slick, however I'm not a fan of the how TV shows automatically play. I do like how during the credits of a show it asks if you want to watch the next episode. Pretty convenient.

I am liking the voice commands at it seems to easily recognize what I want without having to repeat myself.

They still haven't done what I've been wanting:

1. Make Netflix Playlists
    2. Reset the "watched" status.
    3. Notifications for anything in your queue that will be ending soon.
    4. A section for "Coming Soon" titles to instant streaming.
    5. Have a list of things that were once in your queue that is now no longer available.
  • Meh. I don't dislike the new Netflix that much, after playing with it for a bit. The autoplay is a bit jarring at first, but the suggestions based on what you're liking are pretty awesome.
  • Meh. I don't dislike the new Netflix that much, after playing with it for a bit. The autoplay is a bit jarring at first, but the suggestions based on what you're liking are pretty awesome.
    My only problem is I wish they had multiple profiles because what they suggest based on what my boyfriend puts on the queue are titles I would have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.
    My only problem is I wish they had multiple profiles because what they suggest based on what my boyfriend puts on the queue are titles I would have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.
    QFT It's weird having my "Star Trek DS9" and "Highschool of the Dead" show up next to "Sesame Street" and "Phineas and Ferb".

Not that "Sesame Street" and "Phineas and Ferb" aren't shows I'd watch, but you get the idea.
  • My only problem is I wish they had multiple profiles because what they suggest based on what my boyfriend puts on the queue are titles I would have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.
    Maybe Netflix is trying to tell you something?

• That Jeremy has bad taste, yes.
  • So as I do various things that keep both my hands occupied (knitting /spinning), the voice commands for Netflix is very convenient and awesome.
  • Louie is pretty damned great, but you might have to be a middle-aged guy to get the full brunt of it. Every episode leaves you frustrated and feeling futile.
  • Looks like the gave Hulu Plus a facelift too. Still looks functional enough.

Is anyone using NetFlix with the Xbox remote? When I clicked on a TV show with the remote using the "OK" button it took me to an episode but the bottom of the screen contained all of the links to individual episodes. Might this be an issue that only impacts people who use the controller?
  • Louie is pretty damned great, but you might have to be a middle-aged guy to get the full brunt of it. Every episode leaves you frustrated and feeling futile.
    He's got a new special out, too - It's five bucks, no DRM. He produced it with his own money, too, and apparently, it's really good.
    He's got a new special out, too - It's five bucks, no DRM. He produced it with his own money, too, and apparently, it's really good.
    I bought it and watched it yesterday with my roommates, it was pretty great.

• Netflix seems to have gotten a lot more Asian movies recently, which is pretty awesome.
  • The Apple is the most amazing movie ever made. I couldn't call it good...or for that matter bad. It just is, and it is the most spectacularly insane thing I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and watch it. It is must see.
  • Anyone see anything good recently on streaming?
  • If you like horror, I really enjoyed The Shrine and The Last Exorcism. However, I have a soft spot for religious themed horror.
  • edited January 2012
    Danke. Jawohl The Last Eorcism! Sehr gut!
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • edited January 2012
    Neither of them will really scare you in the traditional sense, but there is this bizarre, unsettling nature of both of them that I really enjoyed. Oh, and The Wave is quite good as well.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited January 2012
    Are we the same person? I like all of these movies.,,,, I would like to see the original movie/documentary it was based on.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Sherlock (2010) miniseries.

Watch it.
  • I got amazon prime a while back. Is there anything on there worth watching that isn't on Netflix?
  • edited January 2012
    The Last Exorcism is a good movie with a terrible ending.

Also, should I watch Audition?
    Post edited by Walker on

Watch it.
    This. A million times this. Then another billion for good measure.
  • I would like to put in a hardy do not watch for Bunraku. That movie was all style and nothing else.
  • Also, should I watch Audition?
    Only if you have both a strong stomach and constitution, otherwise skip it like the plague. Hell, if you can handle Ichi the Killer, you can handle Audition.

• I have a very spotty history with anime. I've seen a whole bunch, but not enough to consider myself a huge fan. Sometimes I just get the urge to pop something new on the TV, and 9/10 times I enjoy it b/c I have fairly diverse taste.

Mushi-Shi is not that show. Can some more seasoned anime fans step in her and tell me what the deal is with this show? Watched two episodes, found it intolerable. Not coming back unless someone convinces me it's got some great long-term payoff. Is this well known to be crap, or am I mistaken? Just blindly trusted Netflix's recommendations in picking it.

Watch it.
    This. A million times this. Then another billion for good measure.
    Just watched. Would watch again and continue watching more of it.
  • I have a very spotty history with anime. I've seen a whole bunch, but not enough to consider myself a huge fan. Sometimes I just get the urge to pop something new on the TV, and 9/10 times I enjoy it b/c I have fairly diverse taste.

Mushi-Shi is not that show. Can some more seasoned anime fans step in her and tell me what the deal is with this show? Watched two episodes, found it intolerable. Not coming back unless someone convinces me it's got some great long-term payoff. Is this well known to be crap, or am I mistaken? Just blindly trusted Netflix's recommendations in picking it.
    It's a very slow show, and it doesn't actually build up to anything, it's very episodic. It's the kind of show you watch more for the atmosphere and that kinda stuff than strictly what's going on. It's generally well-liked, at least here, though.

If you want some recommendations, I probably have a few good shows, but I'm spotty on what you like. Do you have a quick list of things (TV Shows, other anime, comics, video games, etc.) that you like?