This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Problem with my Computer Entertaiment System Need Help

edited January 2007 in Technology
Basically, the left side and right side of the image does not appear. The TV is a 60 inch. TV HD with a rear projector.
My brother think is the video card and that is should be changed.
Does anyone have a solution. I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Could be that the guns are out of alignment.
  • How old is the TV? Did you move it recently? Has this been a gradual problem?

Many projection TVs were built with the guns that shoot the colors on the screen mounted on a piece of wood. There should be three guns. If you move the TV there is a chance that the piece of wood they are mounted on has shifted. This could be the problem you are having. I need more information to be sure.
  • My bad, I think I did not explained well. The TV it self works right, when is connected to the Direct TV box or a dvd player. the left and right side appear. However, everytime I connect the CPU to the computer, the left and right sides ( about 2 inch) normal picture disappear
  • If you only get a problem using the computer, then the problem is with the computer. Obviously the computer is not set to display at the correct resolution for the TV.
  • Thanks guys, I will check on that :D