This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Japanese get the coolest Wiimotes

edited January 2007 in Video Games
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I'm totally jealous that Nintendo Japan will etch your personal Mii onto your Wiimote battery cover.
Article here.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    WTF!? They're combining one of my favorite classic games with Tingle, and we don't get to have it in the US. Bastards.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • In Japan there are lots of things Nintendo customers get that we don't. Mostly it is stuff from Club Nintendo. It really isn't very fair at all. I register all my Nintendo stuff at nintendo.com, and the most I've ever gotten for it is a Kirby pink DS stylus, a white rubber hand, membership to an exclusive forum that no longer exists and those special Zelda discs for the GameCube.
  • I register all my stuff too...Geez, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find Tingle Balloon Fight on eBay for less than $200...but that's only if I'm lucky -_-
  • In Japan there are lots of things Nintendo customers get that we don't. Mostly it is stuff fromClub Nintendo. It really isn't very fair at all. I register all my Nintendo stuff at nintendo.com, and the most I've ever gotten for it is a Kirby pink DS stylus, a white rubber hand, membership to an exclusive forum that no longer exists and those special Zelda discs for the GameCube.
    That's so very much more than you would get in Australia. Actually, I've never gotten a single freebie from Nintendo. I once got a demo disc from Sony. Joy. :|

I've never understood how Tingle became so popular. D:

• I've never understood how Tingle became so popular. D:
    I think he's just popular with the kids in Japan, though I'm not sure. I took an official Nintendo survey in the US about Tingle and his new game. They asked what I thought about tingle. I think they realize that the US gaming community loves to hate the freaky tingle. It's sad, because I think the Tingle game might actually be fun, but the theme of tingle might make it painful to look at.
  • Yeah, I can't see it selling in the US... :/ Must be a...cultural thing. I don't know anyone who can stand Tingle for long. D: