This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070125 - Bayside Shakedown

RymRym
edited January 2007 in Everything Else

Tonight on GeekNights, we review Odoru Daisousasen (Bayside Shakedown). In the news, a lot of people don't know anything about physics, and Diebold is proven incompetent yet again.

Scott's Thing - Cthulhu Quiz Show
Rym's Thing - At the Cat Wash

Comments

• On the subject of washing your cat...

I give my cats baths about twice a year. I put a few inches of water in the tub and use the shower attachment to rinse them off. I do not get scratched and it is not a big deal. I also do not use leather gloves as the appearance of those gloves makes the cat nervous, which leads to trouble.

I once brought my cat to a professional groomer to get the flea dip, bath and shave and he did not like it at all!

It is far easier, on your cat, to wash it yourself than have a stranger do it.
  • Here is the DVD. You probably want to try to Netflix it or get it at a lower price.
  • On sponges:

Why not wrap the sponge over the non-sharp edge of the knives? Works for me...

Cheers,

Hank "writing as he listens" Alme
  • Why not wrap the sponge over the non-sharp edge of the knives? Works for me...
    Serrated knives get stuff stuck in there.
  • Why not wrap the sponge over the non-sharp edge of the knives? Works for me...
    Serrated knives get stuff stuck in there.
    I suppose so, but I still don't find that too wearing on my sponges. Maybe we need a knife-cleaning workshop.

Or not.

As an amateur cooking snob, I will point out that one of the only serrated knives I have is for cutting bread, but your mileage may vary.

As to the actual point of the sponge discussion y'all had, I totally agree. The level of ignorance of the physics involved in everyday things (microwave ovens now count) amazes me. I don't look for a deep knowledge of E&M; and wave guides and the like, but at least knowing that there is radiation and water molecules involved, and that stuff might get hot in a fucking oven would be nice.

Cheers,

Hank

• As an amateur cooking snob, I will point out that one of the only serrated knivesIhave is for cutting bread, but your mileage may vary.
    I don't know enough knife terminology to speak about this accurately. There are many different kinds of serrations. We have many knives with a type of serration that is difficult to clean.
  • The detective show in the USA that combined drama with humor was Moonlighting.
  • edited January 2007
    The detective show in the USA that combined drama with humor wasMoonlighting.
    My dad worked on that show XD He's a location manager.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The detective show in the USA that combined drama with humor wasMoonlighting.
    For the record, Odoru Daisosasen is nothing like Moonlighting.
  • For the record, Odoru Daisosasen is nothing like Moonlighting.
    I hope not!
  • Little bit about Muroi that comes up in the TV series.
    He attended Tohoku University, and is a Career officer, meaning that he took the advanced civil service exam and got on the management track for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. Meaning that he never really was a beat cop like Aoshima.
  • Rym, your car is alive.
  • The Series has been subbed! You can find it here: D-Addicts. Lots of others stuff also!
  • I believe that there are good cop/ detective shows that are in the middle. My favorites are:
    Monk
    Psych

Both are hilarious and at the same time serious.
  • w00t! Monk FTW!
  • Yeah, that Monk is an OK show. I watched it with my grandma a couple times a few years ago. FYI, my grandma watches every show on TV having to do with laywers, detectives or police.
  • FYI, my grandma watches every show on TV having to do with laywers, detectives or police.
    Doesn't every old person?
  • My parents were so addicted to that dorama! Odoru Daisosasen yay!

We liked the movie okay...but the scene in the car...the sad scene! You know...where you are sad? and then...then...stuff happens? Good scene! Very good.